Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software 2019.32.2.2 thread

Have you gotten this update?

• Yes

Votes: 210 82.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 17.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a new software note today. I am a new tesla user! How do i install the update? Only with a WiFi connection? My car does not find my home WiFi connection... Any tips an tricks?
Is it telling you an update is available to download or that it is ready to install? If you need to download, here is how I got around it.

I don't have a WiFi connection to my car (yet - I am working on a solution). I have been able to download the massive navigation update as well as the car firmware update by tethering to my phone while I drove. The basic process is to
  1. With your car on (but not in gear), make sure your phone has tethering turned on. On an iPhone, go to Settings > Personal Hotspot
  2. Tap the LTE icon on the car's screen (very top, towards the right), select WiFi settings and turn on WiFi. There will a place to enter WiFi information - ignore that for now and close that window.
  3. Tap the WiFi symbol on your car's screen (top right) and select your phone. Assuming this is your first time connecting, it will ask for a password. You will need the tethering (Personal Hotspot if iPhone) password. Enter and make sure the car connects to your phone.
  4. Get yourself ready to go and put the car into drive (or reverse). Tap the WiFi symbol again and select your phone. (The car by default turns off WiFi as soon as you put it into gear - hence why you need to reselect it)
  5. Once it is connected, the download should automatically start and you can go on your merry way. If you want to watch the progress, tap the car icon at the bottom and select Software.
Don't worry if the download doesn't complete before you arrive: it took me four trips (about 30 minutes each) before the Navigation update finished downloading. You will just need to reconnect to your car to your phone each time you get in your car and put it into gear (step 4 above).

Lost mobile network connectivity for almost an hour after the firmware reboot. Came back on its own.

Mine did not come back. After 2 days, I called Tesla support, and after they tried a couple things on their end, I had to delete and reinstall the mobile app to restore connectivity. Another downside of this was that my data (Stats battery degredation data included) was lost.

I just got the update today, but mine has a new feature(?) of allowing user to reconfigure for wheel changes (e.g. 18" aeros,19" sport, or 20" performance wheels). I tested it by reconfiguring my car for aeros to 19" sport wheels, and the screen reboots, and then shows the car with the 19" wheels on the screen graphics. Supposedly this also recalibrates the TPMS and range calculations. This was new for me.

Ok, so new report. charger would not release this morning by pressing the button AND... my phone would not unlock the car this morning either, I actually had to use my key card. I hope these are the only gremlins I encounter.

And the issues just keep ooooon coming.... I decided to fully charge it last night. I'd read some posts where some had experienced a dip in mileage, some significant, so I wanted to see what I'm getting. Since inception I had been getting a fairly consistent 240 on a full charge and 216 on a 90% charge. The night right after I got the update my overnight charge rendered 214. Thinking it was a fluke, last night I pumped it up to 100% charge and this morning I had 236 miles, WTF... and, the outlet would not release by pressing the button on the connector.

It's not that I really need those extra 4 miles as this is mostly a daily driver and for the most part, I plug it in every night. It's merely that fact that when I bought this Tesla, Tesla said it was good for 240 miles, not 236, not 234, not 230, but rather 240 and I bought it based on that contractual premise. And to date it's delivered. Now, I find that after a software update I'm only getting 236 miles. Is it going to go down even further, if so, how far?

This isn't a total miles thing either as I only have 1200 miles on the ODO. This is a glitch and EM's software engineers need to fix it. :mad:

• Funny
Reactions: jjrandorin
Since this update my Model 3 seems to go to sleep immediately after charging completes and can't be woken with the app. Not sure if it's related or not but is this normal? I've tried doing the screen and deep reset (using the brake pedal) logging out of and back into the app. turning off then on remote access. nothing.

• Lost sound completely, even the blinkers were silent. Super Joe Mode I guess except I don't have V10 :). I was able to quickly resolve it by rebooting the display. However, that is the 1st time in 18 months I've lost sound.
  • Sometimes my seat adjusts when I get in sometimes it doesn't.
  • No other significant differences except it continues to improve handling merging traffic on the highway.

• Helpful
Reactions: Duke-U
Ok, so new report. charger would not release this morning by pressing the button AND... my phone would not unlock the car this morning either, I actually had to use my key card. I hope these are the only gremlins I encounter.

I always have to wake up the car to get the charger to unlock with the button. Now part of my routine - open rear door and close it, press charger button to put charger away, proceed as normal. Sometimes the Tesla app crashes on my iPhone, or gets wedged. Kill the app and restart it usually gets things in sync again so I can unlock.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier

I actually have this problem too on my model S. Charger just won't release by pressing the button and I would have to unlock the charger from the touch screen, app, or key fob. Not THAT big of a deal but it's annoying.

Updated on Tuesday night, today got a couple "Front passenger safety restraint system fault"s. Never had that before. It disappeared after a couple minutes, there was nothing on the front passenger seat, but I think the fault is an airbag won't deploy type of fault. Before I call or setup an appt, anyone know if this is a real fault or some software flakiness?

How big are the navigation updates? I am thinking about tethering but I don't have a lot of data on my plan.
Jut making sure: are you asking about a 2019.32.X.X vehicle firmware update (which this thread is about) or about a navigation (maps, etc.) data update? These are two separate things.

I know my navigation update took four 30 minute trips to update via tethering whereas the firmware update DL only took one trip. There is a slim possibility that the latter was done at least part done via LTE, but I am not sure.

Not sure if this is an accurate representation of 'real world' but it is my experience.

32.2.2 here. Car behaves like it should. Knock on wood, never had a problem after an update. I just wish HVAC settings wouldn’t save to the Easy Entry profile. Hate getting in the car, adjusting settings, only to have it all reset as soon as I hit the brake.

While waiting for the Mrs to shop, found that chess was not responding to screen inputs.

Same for other games. Not a big deal but first issue I have noticed with this software release.

I think I’ll go wash it. That always makes us both feel better.

DEALBREAKER! I'm not sure I'm downloading this update because Chess makes SC so much easier to deal with.

Reactions: Phlier