Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software 2019.32.2.2 thread

Have you gotten this update?

• Yes

Votes: 210 82.7%
  • No

Votes: 44 17.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Intermittent black screen upon engaging reverse gear is still present.

And the colors, contrast, and brightness of the rear view camera are absolutely messed up now.
Have you tried using the "Power Off" button on the MCU? Pressing that button, waiting a full two minutes, then pressing the brake pedal solved so many little software related bugs I was having, much better than the reset where you just use the steering wheel knobs.

Have you tried using the "Power Off" button on the MCU? Pressing that button, waiting a full two minutes, then pressing the brake pedal solved so many little software related bugs I was having, much better than the reset where you just use the steering wheel knobs.

I did but there are no little software related bugs related to the rear view camera that are so glaring as these two. I can’t understand why a black screen delay occurs when in reverse but pressing the dedicated camera button on the dashboard instantly switches to the rear view camera.

Again, the issues just keep oooooon coming... This morning there was no difference between standard regen and low regen, it's like it was stuck in low. Then half way to work two error messages appeared, one was "blindspot detection limited" and the other "Lane departure avoidance limited". This is getting ridiculous, no, it IS ridiculous.

Error Message.jpg

Reactions: pdx_m3s
This version seems to have broken the evaporator mildew prevention where the blower starts running after being parked for 15-20 minutes, at least on my car. I suspected it wasn't working last week after getting the update and not hearing it running one afternoon. Yesterday, after I parked for the day, I went back into the garage after 10 minutes - no blower (as expected). I checked again after 15 minutes and just sat in the garage for 20 minutes (15 - 35 minutes after parking) - still no blower. Just to be safe I gave it one last look after 45 minutes, but nothing. Went from 28.3.1 to 32.2.2.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
So, at the suggestion of a co-worker, I rebooted the system, two steering wheel nipples then turn the system off and wait 3 minutes, blah, blah, blah.... Did that, no difference.

188,000 on my previous Saturn and no big issues, I have this for 1,400 miles and the whole system is going crazy. As much as I like the M3, if EM's engineers don't solve these system issues, I may go back to the dark side.

• Funny
Reactions: youngmcdonald
The regen braking issue just sounds like you had it charged at over 90% - what was the state of charge? You won't get full regen if the battery is too full. The other things may well be a bad camera, or just something simple like a camera is obstructed somehow. I've gotten those notifications in bad rain storms also. Might be worth contacting service about.

Phone as key didn't work at the trunk, even after being pulled out of my pocket. First time this has ever happened to me.

this has been happening to me as well pretty much every day since this update. funny thing is it didn't start immediately after the update, but a day or two later...

before someone chimes in with the standard "toggle airplane mode or bluetooth" answer, i have. it didn't make a difference.

This version seems to have broken the evaporator mildew prevention where the blower starts running after being parked for 15-20 minutes, at least on my car. I suspected it wasn't working last week after getting the update and not hearing it running one afternoon. Yesterday, after I parked for the day, I went back into the garage after 10 minutes - no blower (as expected). I checked again after 15 minutes and just sat in the garage for 20 minutes (15 - 35 minutes after parking) - still no blower. Just to be safe I gave it one last look after 45 minutes, but nothing. Went from 28.3.1 to 32.2.2.
Potentially solved. Came home yesterday after work; once again, no blower after 15-20 minutes. Went to get food, and when I got back home, I turned off bluetooth and force-closed the app. Found the blower running after about 15 minutes. I'll test some more this afternoon, but it looks like the blower will not run if your phone is connected.

Potentially solved. Came home yesterday after work; once again, no blower after 15-20 minutes. Went to get food, and when I got back home, I turned off bluetooth and force-closed the app. Found the blower running after about 15 minutes. I'll test some more this afternoon, but it looks like the blower will not run if your phone is connected.

Let us know what you determine. What good is having to disconnect your phone to get the blower running? Defeats the purpose. HAS to be a bug. I can never figure out if mine (HVAC fix) is working properly or not. Sometimes the blower runs most times not. Occasionally have resorted to just doing the whole shebang manually and blowing out the system on high for a few minutes sitting in the garage. NOT OPTIMAL.

Ski

Let us know what you determine. What good is having to disconnect your phone to get the blower running? Defeats the purpose. HAS to be a bug. I can never figure out if mine (HVAC fix) is working properly or not. Sometimes the blower runs most times not. Occasionally have resorted to just doing the whole shebang manually and blowing out the system on high for a few minutes sitting in the garage. NOT OPTIMAL.

Ski
I'll see if I can get it running consistently. Even though it won't allow unlocking unless you're right next to the car, the bluetooth will connect from a long distance, so a lot of people may be having this problem. Try what I did by turning off bluetooth and/or force-closing the app and then check your car in the 15-20 minute range after parking.

Here we go again... last night I had more error messages concerning the blind spot detection and lane departure avoidance. This morning, however, there were no error messages, but unfortunately, no sentry icon at the top of the display either, just a little lonely camera icon.

On Edit...
I requested service this morning and the first available date was 7 weeks out. The dark side is looking better and better :mad:

Last edited:
Interesting bit of anecdotal data. I was on 2019.28.3.1 updated to 2019.32.2.2.

I have an energy meter attached to my outlet. I charge my AWD LR with a Gen 1 Mobile Connector for a 40A charging rate. For the past six months or so it was always drawing 39.7XA. After the update the charge rate has fluctuated more, but it is charging at a marginally higher rate. I saw values between 39.8XA and 40.1XA.

This higher charge rate was also confirmed by the phone app.
Dumb question. I’m not familiar with the unit XA. What is it?

I’m not totally sure where to ask this question, but I just got a M3P and it came with a really old software version (27.xx.). Is this normal? Should I connect to WiFi to fix? Should I care?
Was this car new or used? When I purchased mine new, I did ask them to make sure that it had the latest software installed, and the SA replied that it was standard procedure for the SC to make sure that all new cars were delivered with the latest firmware/software installed.

Yes, your software is old. Connect it to your home WiFi, and give it a couple of nights. If you don't get informed of a software update being available for your car after two nights, you can use the "Schedule Service" section of your Tesla phone app to ask for a software update. Just hit the "Schedule Service" button and follow the prompts. :)

Congrats on the new car!

Was this car new or used? When I purchased mine new, I did ask them to make sure that it had the latest software installed, and the SA replied that it was standard procedure for the SC to make sure that all new cars were delivered with the latest firmware/software installed.

Yes, your software is old. Connect it to your home WiFi, and give it a couple of nights. If you don't get informed of a software update being available for your car after two nights, you can use the "Schedule Service" section of your Tesla phone app to ask for a software update. Just hit the "Schedule Service" button and follow the prompts. :)

Congrats on the new car!

Thanks for the help! It’s new and I know they were rushed to get it to me before the end of the quarter. I’ll be sure to follow your advice and get it updated. :)

After the 2019.32.2.2 update the Easy Entry feature is not working as it used to. Specifically the Easy Entry move of the steering wheel isn't working any more. The drivers seat moves, but the steering wheel doesn't move after this update.

I tried deleting all of the user profiles and reboots many times with no success. I even tried to create a second user profile with a steering wheel change and that didn't work either.

2016 Model X (December 2016 Build) with AP2.0 and pre-paid FSD.

After the 2019.32.2.2 update the Easy Entry feature is not working as it used to. Specifically the Easy Entry move of the steering wheel isn't working any more. The drivers seat moves, but the steering wheel doesn't move after this update.

I tried deleting all of the user profiles and reboots many times with no success. I even tried to create a second user profile with a steering wheel change and that didn't work either.