Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software 2021.4.11 Park [sensor] Issue

toddkageals

Dec 8, 2020
Vinton
I'll check. Just got the car today and received the update. The sensors were working when I pulled in. I'll see if they are still working when I pull out!

Cybr.Myk

Aug 30, 2020
Saskatoon
Mine have been off and on but was like this before 2021.4.11

I thought the car had ice/dirt on it but ran it through the car wash and it still comes on every 2nd or 3rd drive.

B5EE8974-E6AE-4770-8315-1A21919EAB4B.jpeg

JohnnyEV

Feb 16, 2021
Bay Area, CA
I picked my car up last Saturday and have not got the update yet. I would rather get it sooner than later so I don't get spoiled with the old UI. My wife got the update on her Y and doesn't really care for the new UI.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
Have to ask, have you rebooted after getting the release? Many issues that seem to come with a new release are fixed if you do a normal two-scroll wheel reboot. I always do one as soon as the software finishes loading.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ

KenC

Sep 4, 2018
Maine
Hi everyone, has anyone had the update pushed out today 2021.4.11.
It installed today and the rear parking sensors no longer work on my 2021 model 3.

Anyone else seen the issue?

Regards
Jamie
A full reboot, with sleep. That will probably fix it.

Reactions: boaterva

beachsideev

May 23, 2020
usa
Got the update last night. Sensors seems to be working for me.

What an underwhelming update, though. the only release note was "bug fixes and minor improvements" or something like that.

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
this whole release seemed to take much longer than normal to settle down.
Usually they can get wide rollout figured in a couple of versions, but this one took eleven versions to figure out - from 2020.48.35.5 to this release. Which seems nuts for all that work to just be "minor improvements".

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
TL:DR - delay in rollout is normal at this time of year.
I couldn't edit this post - My car got the update this weekend, but interestingly the last time there was this amount of delay for me was V2020.8 back in March last year. In 2019 there was a period of three months (Jan-Mar) when it also took 30days between releases. A pattern methinks.

fridaynow

Sep 28, 2020
Oregon
Hi everyone, has anyone had the update pushed out today 2021.4.11.
It installed today and the rear parking sensors no longer work on my 2021 model 3.

Anyone else seen the issue?

Regards
Jamie
Model Y owner here, I have the same issue after updating to 2021.4.12 , the park assist unavailable warning has been present after the sw update. Tried a reboot, a power down & it did not help.

It has been working prior to the update.

Any one else experiencing & what steps did you do to eliminate the error?

& yes, I can schedule a service appointment, but wanted to see if there is an easy fix without taking the trip to the service center.

thanks for the help in advance

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC