Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software 2021.44.30.5 FSD Beta Fleet Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It appears that the latest FSD Beta software track 2021.44.25.6 is getting an update to 2021.44.30.5. There are no documented notes on it yet, but it may be similar to the updates that the non-FSD Beta track has already received last week. I don't think this will include any change for FSD Beta 10.8 at this time.

If anyone has it in their downloading queue, please share your experience.

I got it this morning. I have about a 15 mile "test route" I drive anytime I get a new update. My impression is that it handles roundabouts better and generally drives pretty well. Not ready for prime time features in this update. About 4 times on the route, I got the red steering wheel "Take over immediately or we are all going to die" message in spots where there was no obvious reason. It also suddenly steered to the right slightly, again, for no good reason twice. The overall experience was better, but the quirks are really annoying.

I have 2017 model s 90d with MCU2, full self Driving computer older cameras, and score was 99. This was the firs FSD beta 10.8.1 I received since Fsd beta been out. I got it on Jan.7.22, but only lasted for 24 hours and it was not active anymore, it was great and exciting when I got it. I honestly don’t know what went wrong. I will post back if anything changes

I'm still waiting for my car to get the update. I have had a weird bug with my wipers going off at random times (no moisture on windshield) when it is set to AUTO. I notice the count has been increasing on Teslafi, so hopefully I get it sooner than later.

I got it this morning. I have about a 15 mile "test route" I drive anytime I get a new update. My impression is that it handles roundabouts better and generally drives pretty well. Not ready for prime time features in this update. About 4 times on the route, I got the red steering wheel "Take over immediately or we are all going to die" message in spots where there was no obvious reason. It also suddenly steered to the right slightly, again, for no good reason twice. The overall experience was better, but the quirks are really annoying.
Does it include track mode?

Rafi, I thought once you got the beta, you continued to get updates unless you got kicked out for the reasons stated in the activation screen for the beta.
Yea I don’t no why it went away, first time having the fsd beta I was really careful, Still seems very strange to me getting the fsd beta in my vehicle with out upgrading the cameras.

I'm getting more sudden swerves to the right with this version. I have to aggressively correct the swerve and kick out of FSD. It is doing better on most other driving aspects other than small breaking actions, about 1 mph, when driving down a road with intermittent shade from trees on the road. If there is a car behind me I take over and drive manually so I don't irritate other drivers.

It appears that the latest FSD Beta software track 2021.44.25.6 is getting an update to 2021.44.30.5. There are no documented notes on it yet, but it may be similar to the updates that the non-FSD Beta track has already received last week. I don't think this will include any change for FSD Beta 10.8 at this time.

If anyone has it in their downloading queue, please share your experience.

So I did FSD to a coffee shop with this update (no idea what actually updated) BUT the graphics seem sharper. Meaning, like the yellow lines before were a little in and out, almost like I could visual see gaps in the radar (camera sensors). It seems more stable now, so maybe with some AI or really "assumption" modeling it's filling in the patchiness...

Also - not sure if this was what happened but it felt like the car for the first time avoided a item on the road. It caught me off guard as it quickly avoided some kind of obstacle. I thing a stick or something was in the road, admittedly I wasn't paying full attention to the road directly in front of me as it was a long straight spot. I'll go review the cam footage and report back. BUT if it did aviod something.... that would be huge and hopfuly not a software glitch.

Are there any release notes?! I see nothing when I look in my cars release notes... very strange.

I meant to write 2021.44.30.6. At any rate, that version is for the non-FSD Beta fleet and appears to address more heat pump issues.

On the other hand, I had a disengagement rolling out of my driveway. The car was headed straight for a sidewalk instead of making a left turn. There is an obvious T junction as you exit the driveway on the map which means the cars can only turn left or right. However, it seemed to want to keep going by straight while picking up speed, so I disengaged it. I will attempt this drive again to see if it actually makes a turn or hits the painted red line (street curb).