Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software 2022.20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since 20.8 the car struggles at wake up. Sometimes it does not recognize my phone key, sometimes the alarm goes off even if the car is unlocked by phone key, sometimes both.
Not experiencing this with my Model 3. Please add your vehicle in your signature so we can compare easily. I did notice the wake up time is longer than before when opening the app, but I always wake up the car before getting in it so I'm not sure if that's why I haven't experienced it.

Not experiencing this with my Model 3. Please add your vehicle in your signature so we can compare easily. I did notice the wake up time is longer than before when opening the app, but I always wake up the car before getting in it so I'm not sure if that's why I haven't experienced it.
done... it might be, mine is always sleeping.
Yesterday it took a good 3 seconds to stop the car alarm after opening the door with keyless entry.

Definitely something has changed between .7 and .8

I might try a reset if it happens again.

Reactions: Nielsjah95
Happened again, with car sleeping. With car preconditioning, than it does not happen.

Looks like it's a boot issue.

Also, 2020.20.9 Brings Tesla Vision to radar cars hopefully EU is excluded, or I will have to stay with this version for a long time....
I'm super happy with my radar basic autosteer, very rarely have mild phantom braking and I use it 90% of my long trip to work.
I really don't want to make it worse at the moment.

The rumours are that it's actually the dependency on radar that causes sensor confusion and phantom braking.

I'd rather not have radar anymore, it always kills autopilot/ACC in the winter when there is buildup of dirt or snow on the radar.

The rumours are that it's actually the dependency on radar that causes sensor confusion and phantom braking.

I'd rather not have radar anymore, it always kills autopilot/ACC in the winter when there is buildup of dirt or snow on the radar.
Not just rumours, according to Andrej Karpathy it was a real problem.

Summary:

Longer version by Andrej himself:

Reactions: wooter

everything I read around is that the behavior is way worse with the new vision Tesla's than the old one. I'm happy with what I have, never had major issues and I used it a lot.
Happy to be convinced differently, but I will not be the one updating this time, since there is no rollback option.

Reactions: OttoR
Donderdag was ik onderweg naar Duitsland (zie ook deze post) en constant problemen met de AP. AP werkte ongeveer 5 km, en viel dan compleet uit. Als ik hem dan weer aan wilde zetten kreeg ik een melding dat AP niet beschikbaar was wegens onvoldoende zicht aan de voorzijde.
Pas na een stop, en soms een herstart van de auto, deed AP het weer even.
Ik heb het idee dat dit verschijnsel sinds 2022.20.8 voorlomt.

Zijn er meer die dit hebben?