Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software 36.5.1 update issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why but after almost four years of Model 3 ownership I now seem to be getting further and further behind on my software updates. Oh well no biggie right? Anyway last night I finally was messaged that 36.5.1 was available. I happily complied and started the install and as usual after it completed I did a two button reset just to make sure things were cleaned up. This morning I drove to a meeting and the car behaved normally using the new upgrade. A few strange things happened however later in the morning when I attempted to start my drive home. At first the car would not go into drive and there was a crazy message/warning that cruise control was not available? Tried a few more times with the stalk but no luck getting into drive. Finally I pressed the park button and then I was the able to get into drive as usual. Ok quirky but I assumed no big deal until I realized that my seat position was not correct to all the normal saved settings. I started driving while simultaneously trying to adjust the seat. The power seat controls however were completely screwed up. In fact not only were the controls swapped and /or unresponsive but I could not make the seat move backwards, only unintentionally forward which was somewhat dangerous. Anyone else experience weird seat control issues with this release?