Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Bug Affecting Rear Camera?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rear camera wouldn’t turn on the other day and now it’s back but I noticed that when I open the trunk, it goes off briefly then comes back on (see video). Wondering if this is a bug with 2021.36.5.3 (FSD Beta) on my 2018 Model 3

From Home Screen go to Service, camera calibration, clear calibration.
You will have to drive the car on a highway with clear lines for the cameras to reset.
A picture of a steering wheel will appear on the display when you drive and a blue circle around it will fill in.
Some cars take longer than others
Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
What do you mean by "deep sleep"?

he probably means sleep.
deep sleep is a theoretical state which some people i.e. I believe(d) in. certainly in the past there was sleep where the car would wake up after 5-10 seconds of being woken but if you left the car sleeping for weeks it would sometimes take a minute or so to start (despite waking up every 2-3 days to recharge the 12v) which I and other people referred to as deep sleep.
Doesnt really seem to happen anymore.

he probably means sleep.
deep sleep is a theoretical state which some people i.e. I believe(d) in. certainly in the past there was sleep where the car would wake up after 5-10 seconds of being woken but if you left the car sleeping for weeks it would sometimes take a minute or so to start (despite waking up every 2-3 days to recharge the 12v) which I and other people referred to as deep sleep.
Doesnt really seem to happen anymore.
Thanks. That's what I thought. Like the belief that pressing brake pedal while pressing scroll wheels is different than not pressing brake pedal.

Okay.... wasn't sure where to post, but my rear camera has been intermittent for about a year. I blamed it on a software update - waited for subsequent updates - but no change. Went to service and told them I suspected cables. They re-did the latest update - it worked ok for awhile. But again became intermittent. Finally frustrated (and the fact that 4 year warranty ending next month) I took it in again.
They found intermittent cable to trunk. Replaced harness. Working so far.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
somewhat related,

rear camera would not auto iris sometimes. this cropped up a couple months ago. i noticed it would do this if sentry was on vs when im home and sentry was off. when im at the office, im in a garage with sentry on so the aperture is wider ( as expected since its darker in there) but id drive out into the daylight and it would not iris down. again if the car was sleep it would not do this (i also park in a garage at home).

once i got the fsd beta i have not seen this and ive had the beta for about a close to a month now, so for me the fsd beta corrected the issue.
model 3 perf+ 3/2020