Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software bug? Connected phone auto-plays behind Slacker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have trouble with their MS randomly playing music on their phone behind a Slacker station?

When I last left the car I was listening to a Slacker stream. When I get into the car the next day the Slacker station starts playing again, but at the same time the music on my iPhone starts playing too, except I don’t notice it since the only thing coming over the speakers is the audio from Slacker. Meanwhile, my iPhone keeps playing and I end up losing my place in my playlist.

It’s quite annoying and so far nobody at Tesla can tell me how to fix it. The only suggestion is to delete the connection and re-pair the phone, but that doesn't fix the problem.

This happens with FM radio stations too. The phone starts playing when I enter the car, but only the FM radio station audio is coming over the speakers. It's so annoying that I end up just leaving my phone disconnected from the car all the time and only connect it when I absolutely have to. Surely I'm not the only person experiencing this?

Yeah, there was some discussion on this a while back. It seems that Tesla came out with an update at the same time Apple came out with an iOS update. Tesla blamed Apple and Apple blamed Tesla. Others confirmed that it happened in their Non-Tesla cars (it does indeed happen in my wife's Lincoln, as well), so the guess now is that it's truly an Apple issue that has yet to be resolved.

Reactions: brkaus
Yeah, there was some discussion on this a while back. It seems that Tesla came out with an update at the same time Apple came out with an iOS update. Tesla blamed Apple and Apple blamed Tesla. Others confirmed that it happened in their Non-Tesla cars (it does indeed happen in my wife's Lincoln, as well), so the guess now is that it's truly an Apple issue that has yet to be resolved.

Interesting, thank you. I tried searching for previous threads on this topic but couldn't find any.