Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Bug Model 3 Video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

my Model 3 recorded a video during a falsly triggered alarm. When I open the Video player I see this specific Video in a category which is does normally not exist. The Category is called "Vehicle". The Video is not on the USB Stick. The Video is still visible without USB Stick. The Video has no trashcan symbol. Instead of the trashcan symbol there is only a download symbol. If I click on the download symbol the video is downloaded onto the usb stick. But the "Vehicle" Version is still there and not deletable.

The guys in the Tesla shop cant solve the problem.

My question is - How can I delete this Video? Has someone encountered a similar bug?

Thanks

As of 2020.48.12.1 (Released Dec 17, 2020):

Sentry Mode footage of the last panic event will now be saved to onboard memory. To view or save this clip, plug in a USB device, launch the Dashcam Viewer, and tap the save icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.

Relatively new update and somewhat minor so I wouldn't expect the Tesla techs to know what changed on the latest releases.

Should be overwritten over time - I wouldn't worry about it.

As of 2020.48.12.1 (Released Dec 17, 2020):

Sentry Mode footage of the last panic event will now be saved to onboard memory. To view or save this clip, plug in a USB device, launch the Dashcam Viewer, and tap the save icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.

Relatively new update and somewhat minor so I wouldn't expect the Tesla techs to know what changed on the latest releases.

Should be overwritten over time - I wouldn't worry about it.

Thank you for the reply.

Well it is saved onboard. Where it cant be deleted. I can download it on the usb stick but it still remains onboard, so there is no reason to download it. How can it be overwritten? Because there is no other event saved onboard. I always have to see this Video from this one panic event in 1.5 years. Every Video can be deleted. I don`t understand why they make panic event videos undeletable. I don`t understand the logic behind it.

Thank you for the reply.

Well it is saved onboard. Where it cant be deleted. I can download it on the usb stick but it still remains onboard, so there is no reason to download it. How can it be overwritten? Because there is no other event saved onboard. I always have to see this Video from this one panic event in 1.5 years. Every Video can be deleted. I don`t understand why they make panic event videos undeletable. I don`t understand the logic behind it.

So it is saved in the MCU? Rememberer reading that Tesla was going to offer a recording for people that didn't have any drive installed. Is this what happened and what you are experiencing? If so:

• There is likely NO way for you to delete it and only Tesla can
  • Probably it set for an amount of time and will auto delete
  • It is NOT using any of your installed memory space so why worry and just ignore

Yes that is correct. I unplugged my usb for a couple of days and during this time the recording was made and saved onboard the car.
Tesla technicians at least here in Germany dont know how to delete it. The Video is there for three weeks now. I doubt it that it deletes itself after some time. Well I don´t like to see old useless videos in my videoplayer thats why I want to delete it. Still don`t understand why it can`t be deleted.

Thank you anyway. :)