TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Software bug: seatbelt chime

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by 1.21GW, Jan 5, 2020.

1. 1.21GW

1.21GW Member

Strange occurrence happened yesterday. The “fasten seatbelt” chime wouldn’t stop. I had to do a soft reboot to make it stop.

The wife and I were backing out of the garage, she normally doesn’t fasten her seatbelt until we start to move, so I am used to hearing the chime/dinging noise. But after a few seconds it should stop, regardless of her fastening it or not. This time it kept going as we were driving out of the neighborhood! So we pulled over, She buckled and unbuckled a few times and so did I, to no avail. I tried opening the doors, putting in park, etc. finally just did a soft reboot to make it stop. (I.e. push the two scroll wheels).

I forgot to send a bug report, if it happens again, I will. In the grand scheme of things, this is minor, just annoying.

I’m on 2019.40.50.7