Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Bugs - Latest Uodate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interested if anyone else is experiencing issues with the underlying system on your Model S or if there any suggestions. Have reported all to Tesla service and/or issued “Bug Reports” on the incar voice system.

About the vehicle:
2017 Model S P100D
Took delivery in early December

- Dash and Center Screen Blank on startup then receive the Tesla logo then a message the Systems Are Powering Up. Picture attached.
I have verified that we do not have any power conservation settings on and this has happened when the car was off for only a few minutes or for a few days.

- Center display “reboots” when first starting car. Goes to Tesla logo and reboots when starting and putting in gear.

The next set have happened and requires a steering wheel reboot to correct...has happened a few times.
- navigation vehicle icon remains at starting point while driving. Not following road
- turn signals flash but no noise
- radio volume will not adjust
- no audio on radio when completing a phone call
- screen lock up

Again, the service reps have been great to work with but this is getting frustrating and my wife/I are starting to not take the Tesla because we don’t want to get stuck waiting for a “Systems Are Powering Up” event.
Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• BB678A7D-B53E-4DC2-80F3-692F09F1D54D.jpeg
    BB678A7D-B53E-4DC2-80F3-692F09F1D54D.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 151
Could be the update didn't get installed properly.

Suggest rebooting both dashboard/console processors, performing a power off, and then after powering back up, rebooting both processors again.

If the problem recurs - get the service center to look at it.

I have had a couple of those with the recent firmware on my 2017 P100D delivered in late December. Not consistent issues but ones I have seen pop up a couple times (e.g. the "Systems Powering Up" issue, the frozen GPS issue, the screen lock issue).

From what I have read, these are similar to bugs seen by others.

Just had the "system powering up" the other day after the car had sat for a few days.
Yesterday the center screen was blank and it took a long time holding the scroll wheels to bring it back.

Sept build 2017 S100D

Also suffering with the turn signal and screen freeze issues recently. The infotainment system has been a mess since I got the car so it's hard for me to say if anything there is truly a new bug or remnants of past issues (USB music freezes, radio switches from streaming to FM randomly, volume freezes, next song won't play, etc). The other day the app wouldn't sync with the car (vehicle connection error) and the following day the GPS wouldn't/couldn't locate itself. Running 2018.6.1 641efac and even that update had to be done by the SC because the OTA updates never arrive .

Hi,

I am having the same issue in my 2016 S75 AP1.

When I get in the car my dash has showed either the Tesla logo or the "Systems powering up" messages, It's happening about 2-3 times per day.

I also had the center screen reboot once while I was driving.

If anyone finds out what fixes the issue please share.

Thank you

Anyone have an update on this issue? I am still having the problem
I have to say my systems have been normal of late. I've had 1-2 occurrences with the "T" logo coming on at start-up but it goes away quickly, and no more warning messages in the dash. Turn signal conflicting with the music system also has not happened of late. If a reboot isn't solving the problem then a visit to the Service Centre may be worth it. They can also ensure the latest firmware is properly loaded.

Interested if anyone else is experiencing issues with the underlying system on your Model S or if there any suggestions. Have reported all to Tesla service and/or issued “Bug Reports” on the incar voice system.

About the vehicle:
2017 Model S P100D
Took delivery in early December

- Dash and Center Screen Blank on startup then receive the Tesla logo then a message the Systems Are Powering Up. Picture attached.
I have verified that we do not have any power conservation settings on and this has happened when the car was off for only a few minutes or for a few days.

- Center display “reboots” when first starting car. Goes to Tesla logo and reboots when starting and putting in gear.

The next set have happened and requires a steering wheel reboot to correct...has happened a few times.
- navigation vehicle icon remains at starting point while driving. Not following road
- turn signals flash but no noise
- radio volume will not adjust
- no audio on radio when completing a phone call
- screen lock up

Again, the service reps have been great to work with but this is getting frustrating and my wife/I are starting to not take the Tesla because we don’t want to get stuck waiting for a “Systems Are Powering Up” event.
Thanks in advance...
I saw those symptoms on my December build S100D back in March with firmware 2018.6.1. Mostly went away after installing 2018.10. Certainly gone with more recent builds. Did see it reset to a working state by leaving the car parked and coming back later. Reboot didn't help.

In any case, the important thing is that the fix was simply newer firmware.