Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software crash on v9.0 (2019.8.5 3aaa23d)

Are you facing crash or battery drain issues with v9.0 (2019.8.5 3aaa23d)

• Yes

• No

• Don't know but my battery is draining faster than normal

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on v9.0 (2019.8.5 3aaa23d)

1) software crashed while driving earlier today. The car continued driving and responding to acceleration, brakes etc but it was a scary moment, the software restarted automatically
2) battery consumed far more than needed. I have an approx 10 miles round trip to drop my son to the school and it consumed 16 miles even though the car took 252 Wh/mi over the past 15 miles.
3) after the software crash the system restarted while I was still driving and it displayed 101 miles and within a less than a mile drive dropped to 98 miles.

1) I believe that the display computer rebooted. There are other computers that control the car

2) Yep, short trips aren't the best, some startup energy is to blame

3) If the display computer crashed, it could have been stale information before the reboot

I am on v9.0 (2019.8.5 3aaa23d)
1) software crashed while driving earlier today. The car continued driving and responding to acceleration, brakes etc but it was a scary moment, the software restarted automatically

How long did it take to restart on its own? Did you pull over or keep going? I experienced a restart during the day and was wondering at night if the headlights will stay on or not.

I have experienced random reboots ever since receiving the 2019.8.5 update last week. It has happened about 6 times since the update but no noticeable battery drain issues.

Have you also noticed audio skipping or distorted music when listening to slacker radio? I am having a lot of slowdown and the MCU feels unstable since 8.2. Wonder if it gets worse from here..

2019.8.3. is a disaster, Music skips, autopilot engage and disenage sound delayed 500MS after you engage. Naviagte on autopilot has made wild swings and almost hit other cars. Reboots plus increased Battery Drain. Please get me off this crap i want WIndows XP

Last edited by a moderator:
This may be the same thing I got yesterday. All black screens and unresponsive when I got in the car. I rebooted by holding down both buttons on the steering wheel and was good to go.

That's probably a different bug; I've seen that on occasion in previous releases. The problem we're seeing is new. The symptom is that we'll be driving along, and the screen suddenly goes black for thirty seconds, then shows the Tesla logo as the MCU reboots.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
2019.8.5 is really annoying.

Mine AP2.0 is rebooting almost everyday.
Today, after I summoned the car into the garage, plugged the charger in like everyday routine - then walked away. 2 hours later, When I was driving another car into the garage, I heard the music. Looked into the X passenger door - omg the car was awake & unlocked. All door closed, no keyfob inside, no passive entry. Opened the door then closed made no any effect. Had to reboot the computer to make it normal again.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA