Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software/ firmware questions....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the clarification dsm363. But for a car that is out of warranty, and the nearest dealer is 7 hours away, I'll repose my above questions.....(May be questions I should be asking the dealership service dept.....)

Maybe that was one of the things Tesla started doing when Roadster sales plateaued. Maybe my sales person simply forgot or was uninformed. Or my memory is mistaken, which is entirely possible!

I don't know when extended warranty started but I only had a limited window after delivery to decide on that and battery warranty. I think they're planning on going back and offering extended warranty to people who opted not to get it but that's not definite.

Last edited:
I too was never offered (or don't ever remember being offered) an extended warranty when I picked up my 2.0. Can those of you who did get an extended warranty share what price you paid for said warranty? It will be interesting to see what price TMC offers us now for the extension. I do know that other manufacturers allow the buyer to purchase an extended warranty all the way up to the point at which the original warranty ends (as I did with my Lexus). I don't see why Tesla couldn't or wouldn't do the same.

...Can those of you who did get an extended warranty share what price you paid for said warranty? It will be interesting to see what price TMC offers us now for the extension...

$5,000 for 36months/36,000miles for my extended warranty on my 2010 (2.0) Roadster Sport (USA VIN *608).

I thought it was offered to all starting with 2010 models.

I didn't get the extended warranty when I bought the car, because I wasn't all that confident that Tesla would be around to honor it. I tried several times to it it later, but they said no.

I passed 36,000 miles a few months ago and my car is now out of warranty (though I did get above-and-beyond service just before it did: Warranty Maintainence). I wonder if I'll be able to buy the extended warranty if they offer it again.

I didn't get the extended warranty when I bought the car, because I wasn't all that confident that Tesla would be around to honor it. I tried several times to it it later, but they said no.

I passed 36,000 miles a few months ago and my car is now out of warranty (though I did get above-and-beyond service just before it did: Warranty Maintainence). I wonder if I'll be able to buy the extended warranty if they offer it again.

I believe that a Roadster extended warranty will be offered: Roadster - New Options