Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Limited SR+ purchase experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the Charlotte, NC store last Saturday to order a "software limited" SR+. Had read a Car and Driver article saying that the base price had just beed dropped back to $35,000. Told the sales rep what I wanted and he said he had never ordered one and did not know how but find out. He eventually came back to explain that the base price was $35,490 and the order software was not set up to show the software limited version so we would enter my info for a SR+ at $37,790 and the pricing would be updated to $35,490 within a few days. We put the order in and charged my credit card $2500. Being a bit anal I later called a Tesla store in CA and DC. Both said the price was $35,400 and they knew nothing about the Car and Driver article drop to $35,000. Tuesday I checked my online account and my price was updated to $35,000. So it seems Car and Driver has more accurate pricing info than at least 3 Tesla stores. I had a 2014 Model S and loved it. A model 3 with 220 miles range for $35,000 base price is an incredible value.

My experience with Tesla sales reps: they are very knowledgeable about the cars but usually a little behind on the latest changes.
I don’t blame them for that, as changes come frequent and with no advance notice even to them
Tesla’s communication to the SC’s seems lacking.

Given they probably worry about their future employment at their location I imagine they have other concerns and are not after work hours searching the forums, Twitter and various news sources for the latest info
This forum is a better source for most model 3 questions than the majority of reps

Congrats on the purchase!
You can I believe upgrade to SR+ in the future if you want AP and more range

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
My experience with Tesla sales reps: they are very knowledgeable about the cars but usually a little behind on the latest changes.
I don’t blame them for that, as changes come frequent and with no advance notice even to them
Tesla’s communication to the SC’s seems lacking.

Given they probably worry about their future employment at their location I imagine they have other concerns and are not after work hours searching the forums, Twitter and various news sources for the latest info
This forum is a better source for most model 3 questions than the majority of reps

Congrats on the purchase!
You can I believe upgrade to SR+ in the future if you want AP and more range

You are much more forgiving of the Tesla reps than me. I figure if a bunch or random people on the internet who merely own a Tesla know about all the latest price changes, a person who is employed by the company and spends their entire day talking about Teslas should be equally knowledgeable. How hard would it be for them to spend 15 minutes a day on the TMC forum finding out what Tesla owners are talking about? Is that really expecting too much?

You are much more forgiving of the Tesla reps than me. I figure if a bunch or random people on the internet who merely own a Tesla know about all the latest price changes, a person who is employed by the company and spends their entire day talking about Teslas should be equally knowledgeable. How hard would it be for them to spend 15 minutes a day on the TMC forum finding out what Tesla owners are talking about? Is that really expecting too much?

I think the Sales office closings play a huge factor
Morale cannot be good for those remaining and most everyone is probably looking for another job in those 15 minutes ; those that made enough to get a 3 at an employee discount at least.

Very confusing article.

When Tesla said $35,000, we don't expect $1,200 Destination Charges are included in that price. That would make $36,200 with Destination Charges included.

Tesla then increased it to $35,400 which makes it 36,600 with Destination Charges included.

So now, are they saying it's $35,000 + $1,200 = $36,200 just like before the $400 price increase?