Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software on new delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone. Just took delivery of my 2021 M3 SR+ today but noticed things missing from the menus that I’ve seen in peoples videos.

It says I’m on v10.2 (2020.47.103.1) and then says the software is up to date as of now. Which I know isn’t correct.

It’s on WiFi at home with good signal, is this normal that it doesn’t see a update to download, does it take time for a new delivery to get the update?

Thanks

Hey everyone, so i chatted with support and service center and they are telling me that my 2021 car (built 2/21) isnt eligible for even the Holiday update from last year. Does this make sense? I'm still on 2020.47.103.1 so i dont have the redesigned driver console (moving the "gear selector" to left side, better car avatar etc), no boombox etc.

You might want to review the link at the end of this thread before updating your software. Many folks, myself included, really dislike the new UI on the 2021 updates and are not updating. The link nicely explains the differences in UI.

Hey everyone, so i chatted with support and service center and they are telling me that my 2021 car (built 2/21) isnt eligible for even the Holiday update from last year. Does this make sense? I'm still on 2020.47.103.1 so i dont have the redesigned driver console (moving the "gear selector" to left side, better car avatar etc), no boombox etc.
My 2018 car is still trying to convince me to install the 'holiday update', so your car is definitely eligible. Somebody is misunderstanding something along the way here. All cars continue to receive updates, but every car does not get every minor update (some may not be relevant to your model or hw profile, etc). If somebody told you that they are wrong (or you misunderstood something). Enjoy the superior UI in the older software :)

I too just picked up 2021 M3P on Friday and it has 2020.47.103, what gives? I checked Teslafi software builds site and it seems almost no one has this version/build , but not sure what I'm looking at other than most of the builds have 2021,XX. I have noticed my charging screen doesn't have an outline picture of the car, cant see where to set limits, its like guess work. I set a service appt. I don't have auto lane change on autopilot (when you use blinker) is that Enhanced self driving feature only, or FSD, seems like that should be a basic feature with autopilot

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 264
Hang in there. After delivery, it takes a little while to get your first update. It will come.

Keep in mind that you won't get every single update. And occasionally you'll think you're stuck while everyone else gets updates. It happens to all of us.

And then your car updates.

Reactions: helvio
Hi Everyone. Just took delivery of my 2021 M3 SR+ today but noticed things missing from the menus that I’ve seen in peoples videos.

It says I’m on v10.2 (2020.47.103.1) and then says the software is up to date as of now. Which I know isn’t correct.

It’s on WiFi at home with good signal, is this normal that it doesn’t see a update to download, does it take time for a new delivery to get the update?

Thanks
Same exact situation , except mine is a LR.

Reactions: helvio
Did you call back and ask another person? This doesn’t seem right.

This is how it works. New cars get a build of the firmware (usually with an odd minor version number, e.g. 47) that is qualified for that exact hardware. Depending on exactly where in the release cycle things are when you take delivery, you may wait anywhere from a few days to a few weeks before recent builds have been qualified for the new hardware you got.

If they find some egregious bug in the firmware you have, they'll likely update you to a patched version of what you have, perhaps 47.103.2, but this is unusual.

But meanwhile, you do indeed have the latest available firmware for your particular car. Don't worry about it. Everything's fine. You'll get something newer when it's ready for you.

I got one of the first Raven MX. It took a full week to get my first update. I was glad when I did, as several features were super buggy; presumably due to the software version not fully accounting for new Raven hardware. All kinds of fun stuff, including the GPS freezing and the AP calibration stuck at 0%. After that first update, smooth sailing.

I just picked up my M3LR a couple days ago and it has 2020.47.104 on it. It’s definitely a dated UI when compare to all the YT videos I’ve been watching to prep me upon car delivery. Maybe I’ll make a trip to the SC and connect to their wifi and see if anything happens. 😆

• Funny
Reactions: boonedocks
I just picked up my M3LR a couple days ago and it has 2020.47.104 on it. It’s definitely a dated UI when compare to all the YT videos I’ve been watching to prep me upon car delivery. Maybe I’ll make a trip to the SC and connect to their wifi and see if anything happens. 😆
Nothing will happen unless you happen to hit the timing exactly right, in which case it would have happened regardless.

What videos are you watching? If they're FSD beta that isn't prep for anything you'll see now on your car. I can't imagine what else is recent that would make 47.104 look dated.

Reactions: gearchruncher
I picked up my 2021 Model 3 LR this past Friday. It was originally on the 2020 software but as soon as I got home and connected to wifi a prompt appeared allowing me to update to 2021.4.12. I only drove the car 15 minutes from the SC to my house.. so it didn't take long at all.

I got my MY LR on Friday and still on software 2020.47.104

can’t figure out how to get it to update. Synced to WiFi at home.

You arent going to figure out how to get it to update. it will do it when tesla makes it available for your vin, which could be anywhere between a few hours after delivery to several weeks.

Reactions: Mathmatics