Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Ready To Download

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

Newby so go gentle.

I have a model 3 - the screen says software ready to download - I have connected to wifi with good signal - how do I start download? There is the wifi signal logo on top left (uk) so I have an internet connection.

Help?

Hi All

Newby so go gentle.

I have a model 3 - the screen says software ready to download - I have connected to wifi with good signal - how do I start download? There is the wifi signal logo on top left (uk) so I have an internet connection.

Help?

The other two suggestions are for after the software downloaded. The software will download on its own once you have WiFi - nothing else you can do. It doesn't always start downloading right away. If it still doesn't start, try disconnecting the WiFi connection and then reconnecting.

We had the ‘ready to download’ yesterday and it disappeared once on WiFi. It came back about ten minutes later and the 3 downloaded it and then presented the usual ‘software available’ notification at that point and I ‘approved’ it on the app.

I would recommend essentially ignoring it until the car is ready to install it. If you need to supply WiFi, then that needs to be done of course but there’s no way to ‘help’ it once the car is on WiFi. And once it’s downloaded, you no longer need wifi.

See my comment on another string regarding this. Go to wifi. Disable it. Re-enable it. It should initiate a new search for software and begin the download. As per other string, I need to do this everytime a new firmware upgrade is released.