Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software request: Quick toggles when unbuckling or entering car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ramonneke

Apr 26, 2018
Rotterdam
When a user unbuckles it very likely it is about to exit the car.

It would be super useful if the screen would show several Quick
Toggles for that event like:

- Keep HVAC on
- Keep lights on/off
- Enable Sentry mode
- Enable overheating protection

At the moment I cannot think about other options but I guess these are
the most used options when exiting the car. It would be super useful
when these would popup immediately.

Same for entering the car. When I enter the car I would very much like
to see quick toggles for:

- Range Mode: On / Off
- Acceleration: Chill / Standard / etc.
- Driver profile: See profiles to select with a single touch instead
of via the top menu which requires multiple touches
- Bluetooth devices

Basically, the common settings you would potentially change when
entering the car.

The current experience is very static and could be so much more user
friendly when the UI reactive to the events happening in the car.

Wouldn't this be *awesome*?

Thank you! You're onto something.

Because I'm 6' tall, I find I need to tap the profile 'Easy Entry', when I go to get out of the car. This change from my driving profile moves the seat base forward, and the back more upright. Then the steering wheel retracts towards the dash while raising to the full 'up' position, giving me a bit more leg clearance.

If this change in profile to 'Easy Entry' was triggered by the unlatching of the seat belt, that would eliminate a, albeit very minor, inconvenience, and restore the 'Tesla Grin' to my mug ;^)

Yo! Tesla programmers. Are you listening? Got a few extra cycles left before you call it - perfect?

.. and don't forget sentry mode.
On the X, when you place the vehicle in park, the quick door menu comes up allowing you to open doors, trunk and frunk. The best way to gain any traction though would be on twitter. Not sure of the user name who kept at it for Tesla to offer folding mirrors on location or with home link, but it had happened.

If this change in profile to 'Easy Entry' was triggered by the unlatching of the seat belt, that would eliminate a, albeit very minor, inconvenience, and restore the 'Tesla Grin' to my mug ;^)

See below from the Tesla manual (emphasis added):

Easy Entry
You can define an Easy Entry setting that moves the steering wheel and driver's seat to make it easy to enter and exit Model S. Any driver can use the Easy Entry setting by associating it with their driver's profile. When the Easy Entry setting is associated with a driver's profile, the steering wheel and driver's seat automatically adjust when the park gear is engaged and the driver's seat belt is unbuckled, allowing an easy exit from the vehicle. When returning to the vehicle and stepping on the brake pedal, settings automatically adjust back to the settings used by the most recent driver profile (or based on the key if it's linked to a driver profile). To set up Easy Entry, touch the driver icon on the top of the touchscreen. Choose a driver profile, check the Easy Entry checkbox and follow the onscreen instructions to save how you want the steering wheel and seat positioned when entering and exiting Model S. Once created, the Easy Entry profile appears on the driver profile list and any driver can use these settings to enter and exit.

Reactions: Lucky_Man
+1

When I pull into my garage and after I've placed the car in park, I will often turn on the rear camera to see if I've cleared the garage door line. Sometimes I place the car in reverse to check as well. It's a 2 or 3 step process that would be nice if it were automatic or a toggle button. Small thing but would be helpful.

+1

When I pull into my garage and after I've placed the car in park, I will often turn on the rear camera to see if I've cleared the garage door line. Sometimes I place the car in reverse to check as well. It's a 2 or 3 step process that would be nice if it were automatic or a toggle button. Small thing but would be helpful.
If the camera was the last app you selected from the app menu, then you can just drag up from the app menu button and it will show the camera. I don't really use any of the other apps, so the camera is always there for me when I need it.

Unlatching my seat belt triggers it in my '15 MS. If I have someone sitting behind me I have to warn them to get out of the car before I run their feet over.
Thanks for letting me know. I just dropped off my MS for annual service. I'll test this feature when I get it back. Might be I'm a few SW updates back too. The Tesla crew usually makes sure it gets the latest updates for me.

Just so I'm clear, the correct sequence is to put it in park 1st, then unlatch the seat belt. I tho't I did it this way but, I AM 72 now ;^)

Thanks for letting me know. I just dropped off my MS for annual service. I'll test this feature when I get it back. Might be I'm a few SW updates back too. The Tesla crew usually makes sure it gets the latest updates for me.

Just so I'm clear, the correct sequence is to put it in park 1st, then unlatch the seat belt. I tho't I did it this way but, I AM 72 now ;^)

Assuming you have the Easy Entry feature enabled, yes that should do the trick. This has been a feature out for quite some time so it would be surprising if your firmware was that out of date. May want to check with the service center to see if you have it set up correctly, they should be able to help you out.