Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software stuck on 2021.3.104, but Tesla thinks I am on 2021.4. How can this be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on anecdotal evidence, the "vision only" cars with new "factory" versions of firmware were also "stuck" until 2021.32 came out and I've seen a few threads where people are talking about finally getting their first update after 40, 50, or 60+ days.

I just got my first update yesterday

Reactions: tdeno
I believe I do recall hearing a sort of white noise as puns when in drive the one time I was standing outside the car, and this went away in park. It can’t be heard inside the car. That was on 2021.3.104 fwiw. Haven’t checked the new SW yet.

Well I really enjoyed driving my updated Model Y today! Great to have the new features.

One thing I didn't like is it seems the autopilot comes in awfully hot to stopped cars now. If a car is stopped at a highway red light for example, my car seems to wait too long to begin slowing down and then brakes very hard at the end. I imagine it scares the crap out of the people ahead of me. Will this learn and adjust over time? Anyone else notice this?

I seem to remember it working a little better before the update, but maybe I am mistaken.

Last edited:
Quick drive to get some takeout with windows down.. Didn't notice any 'new/different' noise as compared to before the update.

Glad to finally have the CarWash Mode... Pesky charge port was giving me fits.. Changing between range and percentage with a tap on the meter is convenient too.

Reactions: RudeDude
I received my update to 2021.32.21 from the factory firmware 2021.3.106 on Monday evening. Which makes it my first software update. I noticed in the release notes, that it included a number of other releases too. I'm not sure if it's in my head but Autopilot is a lot more squirelly now. It closes in on cars at the stop light really close before it initiates any braking and today it veered too close to a semi truck in the right lane, given the freeway was being resurfaced so instead of lines, it had the temporary reflector tabs. I had to force the car away before it disengaged. AP seemed to be more predictable and easier to trust/use before the update.

I received my update to 2021.32.21 from the factory firmware 2021.3.106 on Monday evening. Which makes it my first software update. I noticed in the release notes, that it included a number of other releases too. I'm not sure if it's in my head but Autopilot is a lot more squirelly now. It closes in on cars at the stop light really close before it initiates any braking and today it veered too close to a semi truck in the right lane, given the freeway was being resurfaced so instead of lines, it had the temporary reflector tabs. I had to force the car away before it disengaged. AP seemed to be more predictable and easier to trust/use before the update.
I agree with that assessment. Not sure if AP has some form of learning curve after the update but I did notice prior version being more consistent.

Reactions: gleearch