Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software stuck on 2021.3.104, but Tesla thinks I am on 2021.4. How can this be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One hour ago I tried order TPMS sensors through Tesla service and again ask Tech about software update and he says my 2021.3.104 up to date and nothing NEW for me. 🤣 I don't have experience how often those updates load to my car, so only wait.
I have the same issue as others - I purchased my Tesla M3LR took delivery 7/24 (without the FSD option) - Current version is 2021.3.104
Isn't new software supposed to have better navigation, disney+, carwash mode, and stuff? I have none of those...
Is it possible only people getting the update who has FSD?

Reactions: CapinWinky
I have the same issue as others - I purchased my Tesla M3LR took delivery 7/24 (without the FSD option) - Current version is 2021.3.104
Isn't new software supposed to have better navigation, disney+, carwash mode, and stuff? I have none of those...
Is it possible only people getting the update who has FSD?
I have full FSD but no any update more than 2 months. But I don’t worry anymore I think Tesla have a huge problem with vision only cars.

hmm - just checked looks like I am on the same 'island'?

1631808446752.png

hmm - just checked looks like I am on the same 'island'?
Similar island anyway. The .3. and .11. firmwares also are speculated to be the IC shortage cars, which gives us another hurdle in the way of merging with the main branch. However, for a few days now the last revision of both .3. and .11. have been getting updates to 2021.32.10 and several .4. versions have gotten the update as well. Still no report of anyone with the .3.104 or .105 version getting an update of any kind.

I'm glad you posted the version history that shows features from .4., It drives home the fact that the .3. firmware was developed alongside the .4. and isn't simply the previous version. A lot of people have been upset thinking they got really old firmware on their new car when really the cold weather and cabin camera stuff had just come out at the time.

At a day shy of 7 weeks since delivery, I'd just be happy to get any update just for the novelty of having gotten one. I know a guy that will be hitting 9 weeks on Saturday since he got his Y with .3.104 and while he didn't seem to care for a while, I had to talk him through how to get to Disney+ from the Youtube app while he was in traffic with the kids. Now he is suddenly interested in the D+ update since he's constantly having to do the Youtube hack for his kids.

Similar island anyway. The .3. and .11. firmwares also are speculated to be the IC shortage cars, which gives us another hurdle in the way of merging with the main branch. However, for a few days now the last revision of both .3. and .11. have been getting updates to 2021.32.10 and several .4. versions have gotten the update as well. Still no report of anyone with the .3.104 or .105 version getting an update of any kind.

I'm glad you posted the version history that shows features from .4., It drives home the fact that the .3. firmware was developed alongside the .4. and isn't simply the previous version. A lot of people have been upset thinking they got really old firmware on their new car when really the cold weather and cabin camera stuff had just come out at the time.

At a day shy of 7 weeks since delivery, I'd just be happy to get any update just for the novelty of having gotten one. I know a guy that will be hitting 9 weeks on Saturday since he got his Y with .3.104 and while he didn't seem to care for a while, I had to talk him through how to get to Disney+ from the Youtube app while he was in traffic with the kids. Now he is suddenly interested in the D+ update since he's constantly having to do the Youtube hack for his kids.
I am over 9 weeks with 2021.3.104 M3LR This is no any updates since delivery 07/14

The .3. and .11. firmwares also are speculated to be the IC shortage cars, which gives us another hurdle in the way of merging with the main branch.

Still no report of anyone with the .3.104 or .105 version getting an update of any kind.
I've noticed this as well. As an owner of a car with .3.105 I am concerned that due to the IC shortage at the time they squeezed ours out it may never be possible to update.

I know it's a scary thought, but what if our particular vehicles can never be updated with new features for life? I suppose this is a possibility as Tesla never actually promised to update all cars equally. We would be screwed with no recourse and limited resale value.

Am I worrying too much?