Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software stuck on 2021.3.104, but Tesla thinks I am on 2021.4. How can this be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1235B76A-63C3-4C30-89F3-CBB4AAB62E99.jpeg

I’ll add what I know. Here is pic from service center view of my car. Island is real. Related to length from delivery maybe? I bet no software update while flag is there.
you’ll also notice the customer version that I see in my car is a version off from what the back end firmware shows. That might be what some people are mentioning about being told they are on different version then they see in car.
hope this helps some. Wish Tesla techs were explained what all this stuff means. I wouldn’t care so much if I could just get straight accurate info when I call and not get a different answer from each person. We all seem to have to crowd source our info.

View attachment 714239
I’ll add what I know. Here is pic from service center view of my car. Island is real. Related to length from delivery maybe? I bet no software update while flag is there.
you’ll also notice the customer version that I see in my car is a version off from what the back end firmware shows. That might be what some people are mentioning about being told they are on different version then they see in car.
hope this helps some. Wish Tesla techs were explained what all this stuff means. I wouldn’t care so much if I could just get straight accurate info when I call and not get a different answer from each person. We all seem to have to crowd source our info.
Very interesting pic. Thanks.
Can you ask whoever took this what Islanded factory software means? Do you suppose that orange box is not usually there? Anything to suggest it might be possible to update this car eventually? I.e., that the island is temporary, and if so, what caused it to be marked as islanded?

• Disagree
Reactions: FalconNinetyD
Very interesting pic. Thanks.
Can you ask whoever took this what Islanded factory software means? Do you suppose that orange box is not usually there? Anything to suggest it might be possible to update this car eventually? I.e., that the island is temporary, and if so, what caused it to be marked as islanded?
He didn’t know. He spoke to 2 of his managers and their best guess was that it’s to keep the car from getting updates for X amount of time after delivery so they don’t risk a new car getting a buggy new software.
My current plan is to call back every week and ask if the flag is still there.
it’s weird to me though how people seem to have to wait random amount of time for first update. It’s not like everyone gets it 30 days out or something. I could live with that. It’s the not knowing when that bugs me so much and the fear that it could be 2 months or more for some weird reason.
On the flip side, a guy in a Tesla discord I’m on that took delivery on 8/30 has had 3 updates including the button one today. His first was on day 1, when he took car home. He sent screenshot of update history.
If you want to feel better about your version check teslafi.com. I checked my version and they have 80 members on it and the cars are all types of model 3 and model y. Made me feel better it’s not all just one car type.

The issue is the cars are electronically different, all the firmware versions support a wide range of cars, but the new versions do not support certain cars yet. So while you may have ten model 3 LR built in the same quarter, some have radar, some are vision only, some have the steering on the right, some have amber turn signals, some have CCS ports instead of Tesla ones, and some have microcontrollers instead of the usual dumber chips.

It is exciting to see some of the .3. and .11. cars get updates, but it looks like these are mostly going to the cars with radar in Europe. The .3.106+ and .11. cars have had a lot more luck than the the .3.104 and .105 cars. For those of us that didn't get the big update this week, that means that a major push to get the update to everyone was unable to reach us, even after two months with nothing. We just have to cross our fingers for Oct 8th/9th.

The issue is the cars are electronically different, all the firmware versions support a wide range of cars, but the new versions do not support certain cars yet. So while you may have ten model 3 LR built in the same quarter, some have radar, some are vision only, some have the steering on the right, some have amber turn signals, some have CCS ports instead of Tesla ones, and some have microcontrollers instead of the usual dumber chips.

It is exciting to see some of the .3. and .11. cars get updates, but it looks like these are mostly going to the cars with radar in Europe. The .3.106+ and .11. cars have had a lot more luck than the the .3.104 and .105 cars. For those of us that didn't get the big update this week, that means that a major push to get the update to everyone was unable to reach us, even after two months with nothing. We just have to cross our fingers for Oct 8th/9th.
You in US you possible get this is update, but in Canada chances 0!!

MYLR vision only, picked up 7/22/2021 with 2021.3.104 installed… still no updates!! It feels like your Tesla is less than other’s. It’s been 2 months and 2 days 😡
That’s what I’m trying to understand. Are we not getting the updates because our cars are vision only?
Mine was made in the Chaina Gigafactory, I’m not even sure if it’s vision only.

Reactions: CapinWinky
I’m still on 2021.3.104 I got My M3LR on Sep 2021 is Israel with that version and never got an update.
How can I check if I have some special hardware that blocks this update?
Shalom there from mexico city! Same situation M3LR 2021.3.104,Mine is vision only, you can check in the tesla website if in the model 3 specs for your country it mentions the radar

Shalom there from mexico city! Same situation M3LR 2021.3.104,Mine is vision only, you can check in the tesla website if in the model 3 specs for your country it mentions the radar
In the Israeli marketing website they specify the radar (highlighted text says 160 meters forward facing radar). But I'm curious if there's a way to see if it's installed on my specific car.

image.png

Reactions: pepms
Picked my car (made in China) up on Sept. 3, still stuck on 2021.3.104. My service appointment in the app has been cancelled, the explanation was: "your car has the latest SW available". I think I will be calling them and ask for a force update, maybe that will work.

Picked my car (made in China) up on Sept. 3, still stuck on 2021.3.104. My service appointment in the app has been cancelled, the explanation was: "your car has the latest SW available". I think I will be calling them and ask for a force update, maybe that will work.
No, force them to update your car will not help, they will ignore it and say "it's up to date". I am 3rd month on 2021.3.104 and never got any update since delivery early July.