Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 17.17.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is auto high-beams a US only feature? Can anyone not in the US confirm if this is the case? I wonder why - I could understand if it were a left hand vs right hand drive thing, but seems weird to limit it in Europe where they mostly drive on the right too...

No auto high beam for me in Norway. Changelog (updated directly from 17.11.3):
IMG_1254.JPGIMG_1255.JPG

Improvement but still seems to veer dangerously close to the outside of a turn. Would be too scared to try this with oncoming traffic. If I'm driving I'll keep the the right on a sharp bend with oncoming traffic in case either they or I veer over the center-line.
Yes I'd agree. You have to really watch it off of freeways. Apart from corners it seems to do pretty well keeping in middle of lane but on corners it gets way to close and sometimes crosses middle line. Could be disastrous if another car was coming and one wasn't being very alert. Hopefully Tesla will fix this soon. I'd prefer it to even fudge the opposite toward the side of the road and NEVER cross the middle line.

This is my fifth day of driving with 17.17.4 and I think the self driving(lane keeping) is getting better each day. The first day was very jerky in turns with bouncing between the lanes. Today I noticed it can go around curves smoothly with less bouncing. Still occasionally swerves for no good reason and I have to take over, but overall, a great update.

I'm very pleased with this update. Overall much improved and very excited about local road now at posted speed +5.

The one question I do have, how many cameras are now active?
People say there are two cameras working but I feel like only one is working. It sees the lines well but does not see the cars in front or to the sides as well as AP1 cars, yet. I'm being patient.

Still nothing here. On 17.11.45. I know I just have to wait but I wish there was a way to manually search for it. I created a guest network on Google WiFi specifically for my Model S and Model X as some have suggested, but no dice.
A lot of us with .45 don't have it. Makes me think they are doing them from date of last update forward. That would make sense...

Reactions: dsnows