Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone that know how many cameras Tesla is using now and wish cameras, I know that they start using two cameras in the front about a year ago but have they added more since then and if so, wish? Shouldn't be to hard to test with little tape. For changing lane on highway it would be great if they soon started to use the cameras looking back on the side of the car.

Anyone that know how many cameras Tesla is using now and wish cameras, I know that they start using two cameras in the front about a year ago but have they added more since then and if so, wish? Shouldn't be to hard to test with little tape. For changing lane on highway it would be great if they soon started to use the cameras looking back on the side of the car.

3 (Front main, Front narrow for object recognition) Front wide for rain sensing wipers, that's all for now.

I don’t quite understand how a better WiFi connection can get you an update pushed quicker. From what I understand it just doesn’t work like that. I have never connected my car to WiFi and got the update a few days ago. It might download quicker but it still needs to be triggered by Tesla.

And don’t get me started on WiFi not being an internet connection..... LOL

I don’t quite understand how a better WiFi connection can get you an update pushed quicker. From what I understand it just doesn’t work like that. I have never connected my car to WiFi and got the update a few days ago. It might download quicker but it still needs to be triggered by Tesla.

And don’t get me started on WiFi not being an internet connection..... LOL

Unless you get explicitly pushed an update (e.g. via contacting the service center about an issue), most updates do try to fetch over wifi for a certain number of days (around 8.0's release it was said to be 2 weeks) before giving up and fetching over LTE.

So, you indeed may get updates slightly quicker when you're on wifi as a part of the usual random-selection rollout. However, if your car is not picked to receive an update in the first place, it won't magically make an update appear.

I have a detached garage that's nowhere near my wifi AP, so every once in a while I'll park the car up by the house. When I heard there was a new, interesting update available, I pulled up and got 1 bar of wifi connection showing on the display. Noticed my internet connection was running a bit sluggish, and sure enough got a notification about 20mins later that the car had downloaded new firmware and it was available to install.

I had considered getting a wifi repeater to get better signal (or any signal at all in the garage), but it's really not worth it. The mothership will give you your upgrade when it sees fit, it seems.

Don’t want to clog up a firmware thread with this discussion again, but a restart only reconnects the VPN to the mothership. That will only get you an update quicker if you had a bad connection before or if you weren’t on wifi before. You are in the same spot on the distro list as you always were.

21B01DFD-4BCB-4ED9-89F0-3A057003E836.jpeg

Lets see who can figure this one out.
Got notification last night if 2018.10.4, I installed it and this morning took the car to the service center for another issue. I just got notification that new software update is available (while the car still at the SC)... new update came out ... or 2018.11 ?

Reactions: Gt1948
Lets see who can figure this one out.
Got notification last night if 2018.10.4, I installed it and this morning took the car to the service center for another issue. I just got notification that new software update is available (while the car still at the SC)... new update came out ... or 2018.11 ?

Think I learned today:
.11 is a Beta with limited release