Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you on 10.4? I did a bunch of video with equal firmwares a week before 10.4 launched on ap2.... and ap1 was improving but on hills and crests but was definitely still a problem. Once 10.4 dropped, it not only improved, it fixed it. I have had zero issues with it. The fact that I can navigate more real roads than AP1 without it being awkward puts the capability performance ahead, even if there are certain aspects of AP1 that are still better, But as a whole, the success rate on difficult roads is better... can't wait for the next step. This road on AP1 still fails multiple times. Check the aP2 video out.

I'm on 10.4 for both. I just got a 12 v battery service warning so when the battery comes in I'll be taking it to the service center and see if one of the newer updates are available and how (if) that improves things.

It is a nice edition, but I'm not sure when I will ever use the app to open the frunk or the trunk when I have the key in my pocket.
You might. Today, while exiting the grocery store, I stood at the door of the store (I could see my car, but it was way out in the parking lot, not close enough for the keyfob to open the trunk frrom that distance.) I stood there briefly while I easily and quickly used my phone app to open the trunk, so I didn't have to wait for the trunk to open when I got there and could immediately unload my shopping cart. I have found that to be easier than waiting until I get to the car and then have to get my key fob out of my handbag or hope the push button unlock thing will open. Sometimes the car doesn't detect my key when I am walking up from behind, so I do have to use the key fob to open the trunk. None of it's a big deal but it is nice to be able to open the trunk from quite a distance and not have to fool with the key fob or fool around looking for it while walking to the car or after getting there. It just makes it easier!

I noticed tonight that auto high beam works much better. It quickly switches to high beam when there is no on coming traffic, switched back to low when a car was coming and switched back to high after it passed and no other vehicles were coming. Further it didn't switch to low beams from every shiny object or white light on the street. It seemed to be able to tell the difference between and oncoming car and porch lights or street lights. I know on my Genesis, even a shiny reflection from a street sign would cause it to switch to low beams.

Is anyone else having issues with the autowipers in 10.4?

I got to test them this morning, and they seemed to work well only sporadically. Before 10.4 they worked, but didn't engage as often as I would like them to.
This morning, there was a period where they didn't start at all, even though I couldn't see anything through the windshield. 30 sec later it seemed like it "woke up" and started wiping again. 30 sec later, windshield completely covered in water, no reaction.

Had to turn them into manual mode for the rest of the drive.

I seem to recall a earlier post, with someone saying autowipers had been vastly improved, doesn't seem that way to me. What is your experience?

Hello everyone,
I apologize that I cannot read through 32 pages of thread. I am wondering if at some point, in either this or a previous update, that steering auto-assist limitation of 5 MPH over the speed limit on a non-divided road changed? I just returned from a round-trip from LA to Mammoth along the 14 and 395, and had no limitation on single lane, non-divided roads, where I always did in the past. It made the drive really wonderful and relaxing. It did alert me one time only, on the way up, but not on the way back. Not once.
Still limited to 5+ over on these roads, evidenced this a.m. on the way to work.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I noticed this morning that the incidence of "Crazy Ivans" is much improved. This always used to happen when auto lane changing on a stretch of road where the concrete median juts out a little bit into the shoulder to accommodate a bridge trestle. The car starts the lane change smoothly, then abruptly and aggressively swerves back into the original lane as if it detected an imminent head-on collision. I tested it this morning just for grins and it completed the manoeuver smoothly and without a hitch.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: deonb and conman
I noticed tonight that auto high beam works much better. It quickly switches to high beam when there is no on coming traffic, switched back to low when a car was coming and switched back to high after it passed and no other vehicles were coming. Further it didn't switch to low beams from every shiny object or white light on the street. It seemed to be able to tell the difference between and oncoming car and porch lights or street lights. I know on my Genesis, even a shiny reflection from a street sign would cause it to switch to low beams.
Is it possible that the auto high-beam is implemented using the radar instead of or in addition to the front camera looking for lights?

The radar can quite easily tell if there are moving vehicles in the area in front of the car. Regardless of them driving towards you, or the same direction as you.

Is it possible that the auto high-beam is implemented using the radar instead of or in addition to the front camera looking for lights?

The radar can quite easily tell if there are moving vehicles in the area in front of the car. Regardless of them driving towards you, or the same direction as you.
It is certainly possible they could use the radar as a second input source. However, some people have stated certain types of reflective signs still cause the light to dim, so I doubt radar is being using for auto high beams.

I 'think' I have another good update along with a video. I don't know whether this is a new feature or it was always there. This morning I had set up my auto pilot to 65 and was changing lanes to get to the rightmost lane. My MX passed few cars and 'realized' there was not enough room to get in-between those car so it started increasing its speed. During all this time I kept the right blinker 'on'. As soon as it realized the next two cars have enough room in-between them, it reduced its speed and moved in-between those car. What do you guys think? The lane change appears at around 30 seconds

• Informative
Reactions: bnsfengineer
Are you on 10.4? I did a bunch of video with equal firmwares a week before 10.4 launched on ap2.... and ap1 was improving but on hills and crests but was definitely still a problem. Once 10.4 dropped, it not only improved, it fixed it. I have had zero issues with it. The fact that I can navigate more real roads than AP1 without it being awkward puts the capability performance ahead, even if there are certain aspects of AP1 that are still better, But as a whole, the success rate on difficult roads is better... can't wait for the next step. This road on AP1 still fails multiple times. Check the aP2 video out.

Are you speeding up your videos? It seems that way