Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like one of the beta cars (if we're assuming the 5's and 7's were betas) got it. So, it may be in real release or they could be testing it...

Edit: nevermind, that was the 'previous highest version, which of course was the 'beta' version...' My bad.

And there's some weirdness going on... that car is going back and forth...

upload_2018-3-9_7-25-49.png

Not sure what's up, here's the full history for that car, went in order from what TeslaFi has recorded here:

upload_2018-3-9_7-29-46.png

Perhaps I'm missing something here - I don't see any back and forth. Just a very rapid upgrade to 2018.10 almost immediately after going to 2018.6.1. It does seem unlikely that a new software update could be pushed and applied that quickly after completing a previous upgrade, but perhaps not impossible if it's a small incremental release (fixing issues with 6.1?).

Perhaps I'm missing something here - I don't see any back and forth. Just a very rapid upgrade to 2018.10 almost immediately after going to 2018.6.1. It does seem unlikely that a new software update could be pushed and applied that quickly after completing a previous upgrade, but perhaps not impossible if it's a small incremental release (fixing issues with 6.1?).

Look at the first image in their post. It went from 2018.10 to 2016.6.1, and then from 2016.6.1 to 2018.10 an hour and a half later.

I feel like this is just Teslafi misreporting or something.

Ahh... thanks for pointing that out - missed that obvious detail. I was looking at the second image, which is what I see in TeslaFi's 2018.10 version detail page as well which suggests an upgrade to 6.1 at 5:06am and then an update to .10 at 6:38am shortly after that.