Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My local SvC says they "think" this fixes the parking sensor problem I've been having. They are pushing the update now. I'll report back with release notes when I have it.

My car has been taken into th
Definitely need to get Allen to add this to Remote S; should be easy, since the code is already there for the 3.

Could you add the endpoints to GitHub - timdorr/model-s-api: A Ruby gem and unofficial documentation of the Tesla JSON API

"2018.10: Autopilot has become a little more sovereign again and parking sensor problem should be solved with it. Frunk and Trunk can now also be opened via app. Have you been on it since today and will report ..." from Firmware 8.1 • TFF Forum - Tesla Fahrer & Freunde

Sovereign was translated from souveraen. It's used to mean superior, or doing something with consummate ease. In this case presumably meaning that it's working a bit better in the sense of the car seeming to be smoother and more in control.

So maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like this feature will just "show up" on your mobile app after the update to the car. And that no mobile app update is required. Does that imply there's a way to query the API for a list of control commands? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

It certainly just started working for me. It is perhaps based on the firmware version reported by the car and a lookup table inside the app, rather than some introspection API.

Reactions: brkaus
I don't see why that would be possible. You currently can't open the trunk while driving through the key fob or screen, why would the app suddenly let you? The app sends the command, but the car will reject it when it is driving, I'm 99.9% sure.
Gotcha... how about the frunk? I've never tried either while the car is moving.. I'm not Bjorn... :D

And the app probably has them in it for the same reason Remote S did, and Allen had to hide them, the 3 can do it.

(Whoops, didn't see @scottrobertson 's post!)

Reactions: scottrobertson
Friends, just because the release notes don't explicitly say AP2 has been improved does NOT mean it hasn't been improved significantly OR incrementally from prior releases. It could just be that they're saving AP2 related release note announcements for major milestones like auto lane change etc... we are getting incrementally better... but yeah I can sure use that better Nav now! Who else is sick of using iPhone + Waze because the built in Nav on your $100k car is useless??

I got it today. Only release notes talk about opening trunk and frunk from app. I tried it and both worked.
Was a very long update. Well over a hour so. Maybe there are some more fixes beyond what is listed in the release notes.

20180309_152407.jpg

I got it today. Only release notes talk about opening trunk and frunk from app. I tried it and both worked.
Was a very long update. Well over a hour so. Maybe there are some more fixes beyond what is listed in the release notes.

View attachment 285357
There's always 'more fixes'. Like your iPhone apps say 'performance enhancements'. :D

Friends, just because the release notes don't explicitly say AP2 has been improved does NOT mean it hasn't been improved significantly OR incrementally from prior releases. It could just be that they're saving AP2 related release note announcements for major milestones like auto lane change etc... we are getting incrementally better... but yeah I can sure use that better Nav now! Who else is sick of using iPhone + Waze because the built in Nav on your $100k car is useless??
I'm pretty sure that the last mention of auto pilot in release notes was in 17.17.4(May of 2017) when they announced full speed surface street auto steer. There have been wild changes in performance since then without so much as a hint from release notes that anything changed.

Unlikely...as I understand it, SiriKit only supports a few functions for interacting with cars, and the Tesla App already does all of them. At least that's what I got from a brief read of some Apple documentation.

Bruce.
I wonder if that’s the limitation.... waiting for Apple’s side to decide what they’re doing with cars in general! I’ve never had too much luck with Siri, unfortunately.