Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG!! Loaded quickly??? YAY!!! This is great - you’re the best!

Now let’s see if YouTube works ;) hahah!! Take advantage of the much faster browser!

Another one from the unicorn and rainbows department would be to see if one can now get all the way through a tesla.com Design Studio session without freezes/failures. Would help the first impressions that passengers get when they're poking around the MCU, certainly.

This might make the $2500 MCU2 retrofit less compelling... Hmm...

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I just signed up for ev-fw and entered the current token, but there does not appear to be a way to get it to grab the current firmware automatically. Am I missing something? On another note, my car shows it is on a firmware that does not exist in their log (it's really old now).

EV-FW checks all tokens for firmware updates once an hour, and your car has to be 'awake' in order to query they firmware. This is done so checking the firmware doesn't 'wake' the car and increase phantom battery drain. I'll look into adding a "Check Now!" button force a specific update.

No you attached an invoice or something handwritten with people’s phone numbers etc on it. Oops! Can we see the speed test please?? :)

That's nothing. You should have seen the time I accidentally sent a full frontal photograph of my genitals to the lady secretary for our union. Don't ask, it was during my younger, wilder, crazier days and I was entering the world of online dating in its infancy. Somehow that picture which was an attachment to an email intended for someone else, got attached to the email I was composing for our union office instead.

A few hours later, I got a reply email with the offending attachment still in tow, with the even toned remark, "I believe you have sent this attachment to us by mistake."

That was the end of the matter, but I was mortified.

Interesting to see all these responses, mainly because my own upgrade happened for a different reason. Did it at the SC today because yesterday, my instrument panel (in binnacle behind the wheel - sorry, new here and don't have the nomenclature down yet) went blank. Car could drive fine and everything, but no speedometer, etc.

So I called tech support and they transferred me to my local SC here in Vegas (it was late but thankfully they hung out after closing, a sign of good morale...so far anyway, haw), who advised me to just "bring it in" and a 5-minute procedure would take care of it. And today I did just that and the car is now back at home downloading 2018.14, gonna take it out for a spin later and if anything magical happens, I shall certainly report here.

• Love
Interesting to see all these responses, mainly because my own upgrade happened for a different reason. Did it at the SC today because yesterday, my instrument panel (in binnacle behind the wheel - sorry, new here and don't have the nomenclature down yet) went blank. Car could drive fine and everything, but no speedometer, etc.

So I called tech support and they transferred me to my local SC here in Vegas (it was late but thankfully they hung out after closing, a sign of good morale...so far anyway, haw), who advised me to just "bring it in" and a 5-minute procedure would take care of it. And today I did just that and the car is now back at home downloading 2018.14, gonna take it out for a spin later and if anything magical happens, I shall certainly report here.

Heh this really depends on your service center.

Around the Bay Area in general I’ve got flat out “we don’t push updates so please just wait at home”, even when an update fixes a specific bug. I’d say I only had one situation in 2 years where a request to update the firmware was fulfilled by a generous service center employee.

That's nothing. You should have seen the time I accidentally sent a full frontal photograph of my genitals to the lady secretary for our union. Don't ask, it was during my younger, wilder, crazier days and I was entering the world of online dating in its infancy. Somehow that picture which was an attachment to an email intended for someone else, got attached to the email I was composing for our union office inste.

A friend on another forum had just gotten iPhones for him and his wife (this is several years ago). He had then set up to automatically upload their photos to their shared public photo album.

Unbeknownst to her later that day, she was talking to her doctor, and had to snap, uh, shall we say, very personal, and very close up photos of herself to get a better angle.

Not long after that, they started to get a phone call or two about their online photo album. That was the immediate end of cloud sharing/backup of their photos.

Lol, I went and turned wi-fi off and got 7.6 Megs off LTE.
Wooo Hoooo !! Only what ..... 100X slower than my 5yr old Samsung Note3 on T-Mo data ...
:p
Screenshots_2018-04-10-18-26-27.png

Hope the new MCU helps. can't wait to hear what the results are w/ loading.

Attachments

• Estimate_1002_from_Altair_Solar_Inc (1).pdf
    159.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Kant.Ing
OMG this is superb! THANKS!

Can you check if sites that previously wouldn’t load are now able to load on this browser, and how quickly they load? Best ones to look at are:

Teslainventory.com (can’t load on old MCU1 firmware)
CNN.com (garbled now)
LATimes.com (ditto)

A screenshot of one or more of these would be DEEPLY appreciated — by all, not just me :)
CNN.com 35 secs, Latimes.com 30 secs with one bar of LTE.

It's hard enough for me to post photos, ha ha..but some of these sites do have a lot of pictures. When I got .14 the first thing I noticed was my browser was on Tesla's website which I've never gone to in the car.
About 20 seconds. Hope I am not annoying this thread...

@Achilles what about scroll speed? That's what makes it unusable for me..

I've always suspected the issue was that the version of the browser we had didn't support GPU accelerated compositing but that the hardware should be able to scroll much faster if it was using the GPU in the chipset.

Two days ago I emailed National Service that I had not gotten a firmware update in over 3 months. Today I got 18.14. You 18.12's can read and weep :mad: my browsers faster than yours ha ha :p.

I am walking out of the grocery store with bags in both arms. Please explain how opening the trunk with the phone is easier.:confused:

(Does using three emoticons in one post get you banned?)