Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is something HUGE in 2018.14... Can anyone else please confirm?

I normally don't get software updates ahead of the curve (I was at 2018.6.1 as of an hour ago), but I've been plagued with the "Loading Error" issue with TuneIn & Slacker, especially for podcasts. Many podcasts like Stuff You Should Know, Pod Save America, etc.. wouldn't even load at all (wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'). Tesla Tidbits discussed this issue about a month ago as it seems like it has been a problem for many for quite some time (just look up the 'loading errors' thread in the forums for the long winded history...)

I've reported this issue to the SC many times so I wonder if I received this update much earlier than usual to address this issue?

Either way, I'm super excited that the streaming seems to be vastly improved - switching between songs and podcasts with absolutely no issues so far!

Just got the update icon back. Started the update an hour ago, the screen is still completely black for both the center mcu and dash. The app connected to the car and I see the charge light is blue. But nothing happens when I sat and press on the brakes.

How long is the update? I was on 2018.6.1 prior to this.

Hmm the app show it is connected, but no respond when trying to use it to unlock the car.

Just got the update icon back. Started the update an hour ago, the screen is still completely black for both the center mcu and dash. The app connected to the car and I see the charge light is blue. But nothing happens when I sat and press on the brakes.

How long is the update? I was on 2018.6.1 prior to this.

Hmm the app show it is connected, but no respond when trying to use it to unlock the car.

Give it some more time, I'm pretty sure mine took 1.5 hours (much longer than normal)

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
There is something HUGE in 2018.14... Can anyone else please confirm?

I normally don't get software updates ahead of the curve (I was at 2018.6.1 as of an hour ago), but I've been plagued with the "Loading Error" issue with TuneIn & Slacker, especially for podcasts. Many podcasts like Stuff You Should Know, Pod Save America, etc.. wouldn't even load at all (wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'). Tesla Tidbits discussed this issue about a month ago as it seems like it has been a problem for many for quite some time (just look up the 'loading errors' thread in the forums for the long winded history...)

I've reported this issue to the SC many times so I wonder if I received this update much earlier than usual to address this issue?

Either way, I'm super excited that the streaming seems to be vastly improved - switching between songs and podcasts with absolutely no issues so far!

Confirmed... many streams that got stuck previously are now working.

Also, on AP1 and the browser update is great. Did a quick check and the New York Times, Washington Post, The Hill, and Google News mobile now all render well and scroll faster.

Two days ago I emailed National Service that I had not gotten a firmware update in over 3 months. Today I got 18.14. You 18.12's can read and weep :mad: my browsers faster than yours ha ha :p.

I am walking out of the grocery store with bags in both arms. Please explain how opening the trunk with the phone is easier.:confused:

(Does using three emoticons in one post get you banned?)

Has the scroll speed improved?

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Interesting. Thanks. I guess the update isn't your typical you seeing a progress bar type.

I just took my car out for a spin. Aside from fixing the "Loading Error" issues, the browse appears to be much faster (albeit still relatively slow) and pages are rendering much better. Another interesting thing I noticed was my LTE data speeds - WAY increased. I normally get 300-500Kbps when running this test, this is what I just got (and repeated it 5 times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke).

IMG_8188.JPG

Has the scroll speed improved?

Yes! When the page finally loads, scrolling seems to be much more fluid (no more mid-screen hangs or half-rendering)... Again, its not great (still slower than the browser on your smartphone!) but vastly improved.

I was even able to log into teslamotorsclub.com relatively quickly, which is something I gave up on when I tried in the past....

Thanks a lot @Achilles for the pictures. Because I didn't know how the looked before I did this

View attachment 293349

View attachment 293350

Thank you for posting this. I could have sworn a lot of these sites didn't render properly but once you upgrade - you start to doubt yourself! I'm really surprised this 'feature improvement' didn't make the release notes. I can see why they might have not mentioned the TuneIn "Loading Error" fix since it was a bug, but the browser is just a flat out version upgrade.

Seem like my update got retracted. I saw the upgrade screen before leaving work this morning. Was about to upgrade it when I got home, now don't see it available anymore :(
Same experience here. An update was available this morning, but I had to leave for work and didn't have time right then, so I closed the window. Alarm clock icon was visible. When I came out to the car at the end of the day, the icon was gone. Still on 2018.6.1.