Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry - I just can't get excited about a new browser. Sure, nice to have, but my phone has a much better browser, all my bookmarks & history, password management, etc. It's also easier to use the phone from an ergonomic standpoint (IMHO).

I'm more excited about keeping it from rebooting, lagging when pushing the garage door button, and streaming audio.

Reactions: BHCLUC
Sorry - I just can't get excited about a new browser. Sure, nice to have, but my phone has a much better browser, all my bookmarks & history, password management, etc. It's also easier to use the phone from an ergonomic standpoint (IMHO).

I'm more excited about keeping it from rebooting, lagging when pushing the garage door button, and streaming audio.

I also don't really care but I'd rather they focus solely on autopilot improvements. I like staying alive more than complaining about the various problems being fixed in recent updates.

I also don't really care but I'd rather they focus solely on autopilot improvements. I like staying alive more than complaining about the various problems being fixed in recent updates.
I agree. By far what I want are Autopilot improvements and features. Navigation is second, as imo the Navigon routing is basically useless for 99% of my time in my car. But I can live with clipping a phone to my car to work around that. I don’t want to clip a phone to my car to work around Autopilot.

Reactions: daktari and croman
Could one of the lucky ones that has gotten the 2018.14 make a video and post it.... I would really like to see how fast the new browser is. So far there is no youtube videos showing this.... who will be the frist one?!?! :p

Just posted a quick video, here's the link:

Sorry about the video quality, I just wanted to get something quickly out there so you all could see it.

Interestingly enough the old browser does better on the html5 test for forms but much worst for elements.

• Elements 7/30
  • Forms 45/65

• Elements 25/30
  • Forms 39/65

2018.12-vs-2018.14-html5test-e.png

F4AF1CE7-2F14-4765-BC6E-D80A9A93117D.jpeg
03788EDC-FBE4-4EAE-901E-6D5D8F45319B.jpeg
My Model S is in the shop and I have a loaner (2014 or 2015 85) and it just got the 2018.14 update and the new maps.

Maybe someone already posted this screenshot but when I first went to use the new maps/navigation I saw this screen which I hadn’t seen before.

Also as others have said, some websites that previously didn’t work now work. Or at least “work more”.

An example is Speedtest.net.

Previously this wouldn’t even fully render for me.

My release notes for 2018.14 mention the new navigation explicitly.

Question: Does this maps section dynamically appear in the release notes of 2018.12 after the maps have loaded in (I heard they kind of “side load” separately from the rest of 2018.12)?

View attachment 293483 View attachment 293481 My Model S is in the shop and I have a loaner (2014 or 2015 85) and it just got the 2018.14 update and the new maps.

Maybe someone already posted this screenshot but when I first went to use the new maps/navigation I saw this screen which I hadn’t seen before.

Also as others have said, some websites that previously didn’t work now work. Or at least “work more”.

An example is Speedtest.net.

Previously this wouldn’t even fully render for me.

My release notes for 2018.14 mention the new navigation explicitly.

Question: Does this maps section dynamically appear in the release notes of 2018.12 after the maps have loaded in (I heard they kind of “side load” separately from the rest of 2018.12)?

Awesome - the hidden gems of this update (and 2018.12) keep on coming. Haven't seen this Nav screen yet, but I'll be sure to keep my car connected to WiFi every night until I do!