Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was the "Trafic-Based Navigation" message there before 2018.14?

I don’t believe so. The loaner already had 2018.12 when I picked it up and I used the nav a few times and didn’t have this pop up.

I scheduled the 2018.14 update during my breakfast this morning - came over 3G at like 2.5Mb/s (max).

After I got back from the restaurant and into the car, I saw the 2018.14 release notes and saw the traffic based navigation acceptance dialog for the first time when I attempted to navigate to a place post 2018.14.

So I believe it was introduced with 2018.14

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
For the ‘unify’ question, they did at 2018.12. There were several 3’s on 2018.12 (no special subversion) and then they pushed 2018.12.1 with some 3 dependent fixes for particular issues the 3’s had.

Makes sense 2018.14 is for all cars also. Until something else happens. :D

I didn't see any noticeable difference with AP (AP2 here) with this latest update.
Though I had a lot of media issues since the .12 update and it looks like most of them are fixed now. Time will tell.

I didn't have the new "traffic" update popup, so I guess it's onlyu for North America, as are the new maps at this time... -_-

Will ev-fw send an email notification when the token expires and I need to load in a new one?

As far as I can find, the only way to get the token expiration date is to generate the token with the Tesla Account credentials, and since EV-FW doesn't do that, I don't have any way to find out the expiration date.

But let me see if I can add some code to detect when a token call fails and send out a one-time message.

Reactions: boaterva
As far as I can find, the only way to get the token expiration date is to generate the token with the Tesla Account credentials, and since EV-FW doesn't do that, I don't have any way to find out the expiration date.

But let me see if I can add some code to detect when a token call fails and send out a one-time message.
Hank, this would be excellent as it would also let us know when we failed in applying a new one properly, which happens sometimes!

Just curious - has anyone on 2018.14 received multiple mobile app notifications when plugged in/charging? The past two nights I woke up to my phone having over 30 notifications that my 'Charge cable not fully secured. Please adjust the connection to improve charging.". The car was fully charged to 90% in the morning. The previous night I did have scheduled charging turned on, but turned it off last night to see if that was causing the issue (since I knew the cable was secure) to no avail.

I wasn't sure if I just have something going on with my physical wall charger or if this is somehow related to the update...

Just curious - has anyone on 2018.14 received multiple mobile app notifications when plugged in/charging? The past two nights I woke up to my phone having over 30 notifications that my 'Charge cable not fully secured. Please adjust the connection to improve charging.". The car was fully charged to 90% in the morning. The previous night I did have scheduled charging turned on, but turned it off last night to see if that was causing the issue (since I knew the cable was secure) to no avail.

I wasn't sure if I just have something going on with my physical wall charger or if this is somehow related to the update...

This may be a 'response' to the app not telling you when charging is done? Mine tells me all the time the car has started but almost never when it's done. I don't care, I can tell by the fact that the app says 80% that it's done and Remote S tells me 0 kW flowing...

But if it's now telling us every ten seconds that it's done or not connected correctly (which I've never seen), oh boy....

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Yes, I got the same message from the mobile app last night after the car was fully charged!! ?!?!!

Thanks Flyboy - good to know, that sounds like the same behavior I'm seeing because the notifications seemed to start around 3AM (which was probably around the time when my car reached full charge) and continued until 8AM. I'll play around with it so more tonight to see if I can get it to consistently reproduce.

This may be a 'response' to the app not telling you when charging is done? Mine tells me all the time the car has started but almost never when it's done. I don't care, I can tell by the fact that the app says 80% that it's done and Remote S tells me 0 kW flowing...

But if it's now telling us every ten seconds that it's done or not connected correctly (which I've never seen), oh boy....

Hmm, I have all notifications turned off on the mobile app with the exception of the 'Car Alarm' & 'Software Update' (i.e., all Charging related notifications are turned off, except for the supercharger notifications of course).

I have seen this notification before but only when it was due to the cable not being fully inserted (which gives you an visible warning on the charge port itself).

Will try re-installing the mobile app just for kicks too...

... 'Charge cable not fully secured. Please adjust the connection to improve charging."...
Here's a thought: Start it charging. After about 10 minutes check the temperature of the plug. Remove and insert plug. Repeat test. If the temperature is ever more than warm, call SC. If it won't charge at your charger rated amps (and the battery is at less than 90%), call SC. Sorry, that's not too helpful, it just might make you feel a bit better. I'd call SC.

Last edited:
have people been able to identify under what circumstances a software update will be pushed/notified or is it pretty much across the board? I assumed it would happen overnight when the car is connected to wifi.

I'm on 2018.12 but don't have new maps or 2018.14 yet. just got my car back from service a few days ago where they updated to 2018.12 while they had it. since then i haven't seen any software update notifications. it didn't seem like it was automatically connecting to my home wifi anymore so I did a reset of the MCU last night and it seems to have stayed connected this morning.

have people been able to identify under what circumstances a software update will be pushed/notified or is it pretty much across the board? I assumed it would happen overnight when the car is connected to wifi.

I'm on 2018.12 but don't have new maps or 2018.14 yet. just got my car back from service a few days ago where they updated to 2018.12 while they had it. since then i haven't seen any software update notifications. it didn't seem like it was automatically connecting to my home wifi anymore so I did a reset of the MCU last night and it seems to have stayed connected this morning.
Tons of people don't have maps (tons don't have 12, but that's another conversation...). 14 just started two days ago. I'm sorta in a get it every Thursday night of the cycle. Let's see if I get it (14) overnight tonight.

But we don't even know how it's randomized (if it is), or what.

The maps thing is a new animal totally. No idea who gets that when.