Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I'm new to this Tesla thing. I'm trying to use the Autopilot frequently, but I'm 100% attentive because I just don't know its limitations.

This morning after 2018.14 update, I'm driving to work. Early morning, and my car faced east, nearly directly into the sun. Maybe the car had too much sun, but the autopilot got confused, it didn't make any weird turns, but it flashed in red and made an eerie loud sound I've never heard before while displaying "Car May Have Veered out of Lane" warning. Is this a warning people have seen?

Is this the warning you saw and heard?

This is my video, and I've been trying to get Tesla to give me an explanation for months but to no avail. They keep making up different things. If this is what you experience as well it would probably be better if we talk about it in a different thread so this one stays on topic.

Our Model X100D got the update as well as the nav update last week. Then my dad crashed it into the side of the house. If we do get the car back it won't be for about six months.

Our older Model S75D got 2018.12 early this week (Tuesday), but no nav update yet as of this morning (Friday).

Just curious - has anyone on 2018.14 received multiple mobile app notifications when plugged in/charging? The past two nights I woke up to my phone having over 30 notifications that my 'Charge cable not fully secured. Please adjust the connection to improve charging.". The car was fully charged to 90% in the morning. The previous night I did have scheduled charging turned on, but turned it off last night to see if that was causing the issue (since I knew the cable was secure) to no avail.

I wasn't sure if I just have something going on with my physical wall charger or if this is somehow related to the update...

I got this notification this morning for the first time as well. I am on 2018.14. No scheduled charging for me though.

Didn't get my update on "schedule", but that's not conclusive. What's interesting is that we're not seeing the same volume as 12 did two weeks ago. Wonder if there is an issue with 14? Yesterday was low, and today up to about noon ET, only two. Hm....

upload_2018-4-13_11-36-46.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-13_11-35-39.png
    upload_2018-4-13_11-35-39.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Didn't get my update on "schedule", but that's not conclusive. What's interesting is that we're not seeing the same volume as 12 did two weeks ago. Wonder if there is an issue with 14? Yesterday was low, and today up to about noon ET, only two. Hm....

View attachment 293951

Have been a software engineer for years. One good practice I always had was never release (or accelerate an existing release) on a Friday. Just less folks around to support it on weekends.

View attachment 293951

I can confirm that with 2018.14 I'm getting constant "Charge cable not fully secured. Please adjust the connection to improve charging" notifications via the mobile app (as other have reported as well). It only happens when my charge level reaches the desired state (e.g.., 50%, 60%, etc...) and continues to notify me about once every 5-10 minutes after that. A little annoying, but last night I just unplugged my car after it finished charging to 80% and the notifications ceased.

I tried updating to the latest mobile app version (3.3.5) yesterday and it didn't stop the notifications.

Might call the SC this weekend if it doesn't go away. The physical charger itself seems fine (not running hot, charging at normal rates, reaching desired charge states, etc..)

• Informative
Reactions: pdx3181
Have been a software engineer for years. One good practice I always had was never release (or accelerate an existing release) on a Friday. Just less folks around to support it on weekends.
Definitely hear that. For the last four or so releases they have come out on a Tuesday or so... It's still out of the ordinary that there are so few when the day is about half over. (And still only 2 on ev-fw and 1 on TeslaFi)

So, it may have been throttled or pulled based on the charging connector issues we've been discussing. As you say, the first couple of days are always a test group! :D

Not to say I'm a special case, but if I get it on Thursday night, it seems to be a fullish rollout. This is the first one in the last four that I haven't gotten 'on schedule'. So, this canary in the coal mine is just sayin'....

upload_2018-4-13_12-23-31.png

So, it may have been throttled or pulled based on the charging connector issues we've been discussing. As you say, the first couple of days are always a test group! :D
View attachment 293958

You are probably right, fix a couple bugs and introduce a couple new ones as well. I just got off the phone with the SC and gave them all the info and they are going to run some remote diags in a few hours. Luckily I still had all the notifications on my phone so I was able to get them specific times to look at the logs to see what is going on.

Is this the warning you saw and heard?

This is my video, and I've been trying to get Tesla to give me an explanation for months but to no avail. They keep making up different things. If this is what you experience as well it would probably be better if we talk about it in a different thread so this one stays on topic.

I understand ya. I can’t tell if it’s the same, maybe?

(I wasn’t sure if it was .14 related, which is why I posted it here)

You are probably right, fix a couple bugs and introduce a couple new ones as well. I just got off the phone with the SC and gave them all the info and they are going to run some remote diags in a few hours. Luckily I still had all the notifications on my phone so I was able to get them specific times to look at the logs to see what is going on.
Let us know what they come back with... definitely looks like it's been pulled, as there has been no new installs since my post (that we have records of, of course!). Yesterday they were coming in full speed!

Let us know what they come back with... definitely looks like it's been pulled, as there has been no new installs since my post (that we have records of, of course!). Yesterday they were coming in full speed!

Yeah, this seems consistent with that report that the alarm clock went away.... Maybe it is this charging bug that was serious enough to abort the rollout.

Reactions: boaterva
Hey, I'm new to this Tesla thing. I'm trying to use the Autopilot frequently, but I'm 100% attentive because I just don't know its limitations.

This morning after 2018.14 update, I'm driving to work. Early morning, and my car faced east, nearly directly into the sun. Maybe the car had too much sun, but the autopilot got confused, it didn't make any weird turns, but it flashed in red and made an eerie loud sound I've never heard before while displaying "Car May Have Veered out of Lane" warning. Is this a warning people have seen?

My Model 3 had this new added alert cue around firmware 2018.4.6, and it basically happens when there are abnormality detected when the hands not on wheel for 5-6 seconds. if you always apply force on wheel all the time, it won't emit this alert.

Our Model X100D got the update as well as the nav update last week. Then my dad crashed it into the side of the house. If we do get the car back it won't be for about six months.

Our older Model S75D got 2018.12 early this week (Tuesday), but no nav update yet as of this morning (Friday).

Update to the update.

Our surviving Tesla, the ModelS75D still on 2018.12 just got the Nav add-on update while sitting parked at COSTCO. No wifi connection as far as I know.

Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when and how we get this NAV update.

Also, the new female navigation voice sounds even more disembodied than before.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Update to the update.

Our surviving Tesla, the ModelS75D still on 2018.12 just got the Nav add-on update while sitting parked at COSTCO. No wifi connection as far as I know.

So you do or don't have the maps update? Nav is after maps, we thought. Heck, we thought you needed 14. :D

Update to the update.

Note that the download occurs 12+ hours before you get the update notification. For me, it took 18 hours after downloading 5+GB over wifi before I got the new maps notification.

More fallout from Harvey floods but won’t have WiFi for 3 months or so. Went to the sc to get .12 and got .14. Noticed I’m getting 6+ inches less height in levitation mode which is inexplicable. Puts speed bumps in play. Got enough to deal with without this bs. :D

Anyone get the map update ota? Not only do I not have WiFi but no longer can charge at night. Have to charge at work at 19 mph or drive 20 miles to the nearest SC. May have to do that to get the double benefit of sweet electrons etc and industrial WiFi.