Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the 18.14 update last Wednesday and the new maps appeared on Friday. Ever since receiving the maps, my center screen is freezing CONSTANTLY. Setting any destination causes an instant freeze. The music stops playing, climate control turns off, etc. I have driven around for a while to see if it'll reboot itself, but it does not. I have to reboot with the two scroll wheels. Once it reboots, the previously set destination successfully loads and it seems fine for about 30 minutes....or until I set another destination. If the car is charging at the time, the charge stops as well.

Tesla's response today is that I need to stop using my USB memory stick despite using the same one in Teslas for 3.5 years now. I removed the USB though...and the screen froze about 10 minutes later despite it being gone, so clearly there is another issue. Is anyone else having stability issues since this update?

The new maps look great by the way.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
I received the 18.14 update last Wednesday and the new maps appeared on Friday. Ever since receiving the maps, my center screen is freezing CONSTANTLY. Setting any destination causes an instant freeze. The music stops playing, climate control turns off, etc. I have driven around for a while to see if it'll reboot itself, but it does not. I have to reboot with the two scroll wheels. Once it reboots, the previously set destination successfully loads and it seems fine for about 30 minutes....or until I set another destination. If the car is charging at the time, the charge stops as well.

Tesla's response today is that I need to stop using my USB memory stick despite using the same one in Teslas for 3.5 years now. I removed the USB though...and the screen froze about 10 minutes later despite it being gone, so clearly there is another issue. Is anyone else having stability issues since this update?

The new maps look great by the way.

I still haven't received the maps, but I did start receiving "Charge cable not fully secured. Please adjust the connection to improve charging" messages non-stop after I received 2018.14 (and before/after upgrading to v3.3.5 of the mobile app). I called the SC last Friday and they told me a tech would be able to look at it later in the day or on Monday at the latest. However, when I got home from work on Friday, the problem was already fixed.

The SC called me today and left a message telling me they wanted me to bring my car in. Thinking it was related to further diagnostics, when I asked how he fixed the issue on Friday remotely, he admitted he did nothing on his part and just wanted me to bring it in to further troubleshoot. Go figure...

Other than that issue (and the nav sites initially causing a MCU/Microcontroller Unit/Media Control Unit :D reboot...), 2018.14 seems to be running fine now.

Yeah, that's interesting. The new version is 2018.14.2 a88808e

The old one is reported as 2018.14.2 862275d, except technically it was develop/2018.14.2 862275d and TeslaFi is getting rid of the "develop/" part.

Just got 2018.14.2 a88808e

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 9.38.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 9.38.44 PM.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 100
Posted this on the 2018.14.2 thread also...

I got 2018.14.2 this am on my 2017 75D. No new nav in the IC still. But... has anyone noticed road speed limits are either being read or underlying map data is much improved. I used to be able to drive to work at 9 MPH over speed limit for about 1/2 the way because it didn’t have any or correct speed limits. Now it is limiting me to 5 MPH and correctly displays the speed limit all the way to work. Still need to play with it ?to see if it is really reading speed limit signs or not

• Love
I do have a question for anyone who has had the full maps/nav update for any period of time:

Has Trip Planner been updated?

I'm curious if the algorithm and logic used for Supercharging stops has been tweaked in any way. Sometimes, here in the Northeast Corridor, 2 stops of 20-ish minutes makes more sense than 1 stop of 45 minutes, especially if you're in an area prone to traffic bottlenecks (so, basically, the whole Northeast). Wondering if they've tweaked that at all.

The 2018.14.2 a888008e install went quickly (maybe 15-20 mins). Really nothing new to report but I did try abetterrouteplanner, Tesla Waze, and TezLab and all loaded quickly and without locking up this time around.

As a side note, I'm now convinced that AP1 has been improved since 2018.6.1. FastEddie7 posted a few YouTube videos showing specific examples of this. Since then, I've been putting it through a lot more use and during several spots during my daily commute where I normally had to disengage AP1, the car is now able to navigate successfully (and the overall AP ride seems smoother).

Happy to see that AP1 owners are still getting love.

Posted this on the 2018.14.2 thread also...

I got 2018.14.2 this am on my 2017 75D. No new nav in the IC still. But... has anyone noticed road speed limits are either being read or underlying map data is much improved. I used to be able to drive to work at 9 MPH over speed limit for about 1/2 the way because it didn’t have any or correct speed limits. Now it is limiting me to 5 MPH and correctly displays the speed limit all the way to work. Still need to play with it ?to see if it is really reading speed limit signs or not
Pretty much all the speed limits are grossly incorrect in my area on .12. I have a mobile tech here right now and he’s going to load the new firmware so I’ll take it out for a spin when he’s done and see what it does. Hope you are right.