Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my P85 stuck on .6 went into service center and they updated it to .14.2 and got it back today and there was a prompt to update so i went to .16

to confirm, this is going out to MCU1/Non-AP cars

as far as audio. i never had .12 on this car but it sounds the same as when i had it on 6 -> 14.2 -> 16

my P85D still stuck on .12 and audio still sounds terrible and no updates available, how are they batching these updates? lol

What LTE issues.
On 114.2 my only remaining issue was callers losing ability to hear me during Bluetooth conversations from my iPhone X
I have the same Bluetooth issue on an android phone. Often I can hear callers fine but they can't hear me.

I also experience Bluetooth issues such as when the phone is connecting or disconnecting from Bluetooth the call will drop.

I have the same Bluetooth issue on an android phone. Often I can hear callers fine but they can't hear me.

I also experience Bluetooth issues such as when the phone is connecting or disconnecting from Bluetooth the call will drop.

We're having nearly an identical issue. I often can't hear or understand my wife on bluetooth, but she says its clear on her end. It will drop the call at times. Overall, it's very challenging to even have a quick conversation.

Hmmm... mobile connector firmware flashing. Maybe that is why our newest Model S (March 2018) seems to have hickups when paired with an older HPWC which works just fine with an older Model S. Something tells me they are modifying with charging protocol and I sure hope they don't break backwards compatibility, or on some future update the new car may no longer charge from older chargers.
This is very interesting. I've heard that the chademo adapter doesn't work on the Model 3. So clearly there is something new in the protocol. I think you are right.

• Helpful
Reactions: HookBill
We're having nearly an identical issue. I often can't hear or understand my wife on bluetooth, but she says its clear on her end. It will drop the call at times. Overall, it's very challenging to even have a quick conversation.
Called Tesla Support today on my Bluetooth issues. I was told it was an iOS issue and it was more apparent with iPhone X.
He said that Apple was aware of the issue and that they were working with Apple. He also said that iOS 11.3.1 would provide improved functionality, however Apple’s next major release of iOS is more likely to be the full resolution to the issue.
This would not explain reports of similar Bluetooth issues with android devices.

Why do you think it is a bug and not a feature?

Even if it is, do you really want to fix it ?

Last edited:
Called Tesla Support today on my Bluetooth issues. I was told it was an iOS issue and it was more apparent with iPhone X.
He said that Apple was aware of the issue and that they were working with Apple. He also said that iOS 11.3.1 would provide improved functionality, however Apple’s next major release of iOS is more likely to be the full resolution to the issue.
This would not explain reports of similar Bluetooth issues with android devices.

I hope it's gets fixed in a reasonable amount of time, as it's frustrating to try to have a conversation. I don't care if it's Apple or Tesla, just hoping for at least average bluetooth performance.

I hope it's gets fixed in a reasonable amount of time, as it's frustrating to try to have a conversation. I don't care if it's Apple or Tesla, just hoping for at least average bluetooth performance.

I can confirm the issue is fixed in Release iOS 11.4
Had the same issue and Apple released a new Dev build and fixed the issue with people not being able to hear me when initiating the call from the car.

With my iOS 11.3.1 When you place the call from the phone and transfer it to the car, it seem to work... it was the 11.4 that made all the difference.
fullsizeoutput_1678.jpeg

Reactions: noics
I was told the exact same thing about my Pixel 2 XL. Sooooooo. Yeah.

I can confirm the issue is fixed in Release iOS 11.4
Had the same issue and Apple released a new Dev build and fixed the issue with people not being able to hear me when initiating the call from the car.

With my iOS 11.3.1 When you place the call from the phone and transfer it to the car, it seem to work... it was the 11.4 that made all the difference.
View attachment 296830
11.4???
Just updated to 11.3.1 today
Just now....
47A6E798-FFAD-49F0-9207-9109F7EA5A89.jpeg

After the update, my S wouldn’t charge. Said there was a fault in the power adaptor. Unplugged it from the car a few times, still failed. I unplugged it from the wall and replugged it in and it seems to work now.

Odd, hopefully it was just a glitch.

Took my car into service today. After my update to 2018.14.2 my car seemed to have computer overload. Was hearing high pitch processing sounds for days after the new nav and voice was installed. Also had issue with positioning on GPS right after and bluetooth no connection. Did a hard reset and everything started working but the processor seemed to be over worked for a few days after. So took it in and of course it stopped today. But just got an update notice while it's in the shop so I'm assuming it's the 2018.16.