Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, im on 2018.16 since yesterday, but no new maps in Switzerland. I ve a strong wifi signal in my garage. There are only a few cars that received them in Europe.... What could be the problem ?
That they are doing a slow roll out starting with the US first, exactly to make sure that there is no problems.

Being a Tesla owner require a bit of patience, which is unfortunate since we don't seem like very patient people in general :)

That they are doing a slow roll out starting with the US first, exactly to make sure that there is no problems.

Being a Tesla owner require a bit of patience, which is unfortunate since we don't seem like very patient people in general :)
I think Tesla owners are far more patient than you think, it's those poor souls like us that spend every day here mulling over what we're still missing out on that get less and less patient with every passing day.

Last edited:
Reactions: chispas
The 2018.16 rollout is definitely picking up steam again since monday. Strange, I really would have thought 2018.16.1 would have started tomorrow with the steering wheel heating fixed.
My SC was unaware of the problem and tried to order a new steering wheel. Tesla doesn’t read these forums. We need to make sure a critical mass is notifying Tesla directly via our accounts.

My SC was unaware of the problem and tried to order a new steering wheel. Tesla doesn’t read these forums. We need to make sure a critical mass is notifying Tesla directly via our accounts.
Yes, I am experiencing the same thing at the Dalls, SC. They ordered another steering wheel for me as well. I told them many on the forums had the same problem after upgrading to 2018.16. My service advisor happens to be upgrading another Model X at the shop, so they are gonna test out if it’s really a firmware issue.

Yes, I am experiencing the same thing at the Dalls, SC. They ordered another steering wheel for me as well. I told them many on the forums had the same problem after upgrading to 2018.16. My service advisor happens to be upgrading another Model X at the shop, so they are gonna test out if it’s really a firmware issue.
It's shocking that they aren't humiliated by this. It is an absurd waste of money and time for everyone involved. Tesla needs to stop pushing out alpha builds.

It's shocking that they aren't humiliated by this. It is an absurd waste of money and time for everyone involved. Tesla needs to stop pushing out alpha builds.
Yes, agree. This sounds like the terrible 2017.42ish that broke the front parking sensors. SCers all around did different mechanical changes, but issue was fixed with 2018.6. Purely software..
All owners need to escalate the lacking heated wheel and the stereo issues unless we don't need a fix before next christmas. I guess they have a threshold for how many users affected before they do something centrally. The mechanics will only start to change mechanical items..

Two of our three cars were updated in the last 12 hours. We confirmed the heated steering wheel worked before the update and was not working after the update. I think we can say it is related to the firmware update.

I can't believe they are wasting effort on steering wheel swaps... I'm about to take a picture of my wheel before I get 16 (got one of the iPhone IR cameras...). Insansity...

And, yep, looks like it's pushing out more quickly, great, let's break ALL the steering wheels for the PUP X's. :D

upload_2018-5-1_10-21-8.png

I went through this BS when a past release overcharged my battery. I'd called the main support number to report it. They said you can bring the car in. I said, it's not the car, it's the firmware, I called you so you can report the issue to Engineering, please do so. If I wanted a service call, I would have called the SC. (A reboot fixed it, of course. That started my 'always reboot after a fw install' practice'.)

Reactions: hh83917
Updated to 16 now! Do maps come with the 16 update? Or is it still separate ?
I got my 2018.16 update at the SC last week. About 4 hours later, I saw new release notes saying that I had gotten the new map update. Hopefully yours will arrive today.

I like the new Nav update except I wish that they had not gotten rid of the large cards showing the lane changes on interstate highways.

Another one here. Got 2018.16 eac88a7 update this morning, and Heated Steering promptly stopped working. I checked because I had been following this thread. I am logging a report now, hopefully it helps and Tesla gets a fix out ASAP.

Don't they have a beta test group? I thought they did for AP builds. There are plenty of tech savvy owners that would be glad to test on the bleeding edge, especially if someone at Tesla would listen to their comments/bug reports.

I don’t think it’s a waste of money for them as much as a waste of time and inconvenience for the customer.

Handling warranty claims for a 2% rollout update where probably 90% of people don’t even get bothered enough to notice it / make an appointment sounds like a really low cost QA methodology compared to hiring people to do it as thoroughly.