Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to 2018.16 as of late last night. Updated the two of the three metrics for MCU1 in the MCU Update Index:

HTML5Test 301/555 up from 174 - HTML5test - How well does your browser support HTML5?
Speed Battle Overall 47ish (up from 24.6)
But I cannot load the SunSpider 0.9.1 JavaScript test. I get a "This Webpage is Not Available" error message at random intervals during the test, both on LTE and on wifi. Would someone with 2018.16 on MCU1 try bit.ly/2pi7JML on their car browser and let us know the results?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kant.Ing
Only problem is (with the steering wheel) is that it's rolling out pretty quickly now... Good thing few of us here need it with 80 deg F temps!

upload_2018-5-1_14-57-46.png

Yeah, I LOVE how the instant a real bug is found in 16, it starts rolling out quickly (35 today on ev-fw, the largest day yet, and same on TeslaFi, 79!).

View attachment 298150
Maybe they were checking the weather forecast, and determined better to plow forward and and complete the fleet update to faster browsers etc... and circle back and warm the hands in the near future, sometime before fall?

• Funny
Reactions: JenniferQ
Maybe they were checking the weather forecast, and determined better to plow forward and and complete the fleet update to faster browsers etc... and circle back and warm the hands in the near future, sometime before fall?
That’s possible, they probably thought if you are cold, you can turn on auto pilot and put your hand under your butt since the seat warmers still works lol...

• Funny
Reactions: boaterva and croman
There is another half to the world you know...

Our weather just started needing the heated steering wheel so I'm really not looking forward to 16...

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Ditto on 2018.16 breaking steering wheel heat.

Also noticed this... my trip counter for "since last charge" zeroed out and now looks to track total car energy usage rather than just the drive train energy use. That is, both current trip and since last charged used to report exactly the same Wh/mi on the next trip after a charge session now they are different with since last charge much higher since I had to heat the cabin. Which is why I know the steering wheel heat is kaput.

I submitted a service ticket through the manage page on my tesla.

Well it seems like maybe they pulled 2018.16 because I got an update notification late last night, scheduled it to install tonight when I got in the car this morning, and now the update is no longer scheduled and doesn't show I have an update at all.

Anyone notice the rear ultrasonics seem to be doing a really good job of displaying overtaking cars when they are in your blind spot? Previously it seemed very hit or miss, but on 2018.16 it seems close to the reliability of a car with dedicated blind spot radar. It's very difficult to quantify but it felt much better on my commute today vs 2018.14.2.

Anyone notice the rear ultrasonics seem to be doing a really good job of displaying overtaking cars when they are in your blind spot? Previously it seemed very hit or miss, but on 2018.16 it seems close to the reliability of a car with dedicated blind spot radar. It's very difficult to quantify but it felt much better on my commute today vs 2018.14.2.
That's really interesting. I've thought that 2018.10.4 was way way better than earlier releases. But if 2018.16 is even better, that's really exciting to hear.