Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I've said before, someone on our local facebook page had a similar issue and videod the sound and how there was basically no bass and adjusting the equalizer made no difference as well. Half his speakers weren't even putting out sound. On our suggestion he took it to the service centre where they acknowledged the problem and did 'something' to fix it. Whether they re-flashed the firmware or what I don't know but it's a software issue. You could try various levels of reboot to see if it helps.

Can confirm - when I move the slider to the rear speakers - basically all sound disappears except for what sounds like a tweeter.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: hh83917 and croman
I have 2018.18.eac88a7 (and the new maps) on an ‘17 S75. Absolutely no degradation of my premium sound which is as good - if not better - than any of my prior cars. The problem with the rear speakers discussed above does not plague my car. Clearly this is a software bug affecting some, but not all cars.

I can’t say that the latest update has done anything significant to make my car more enjoyable (and I love the car) but it certainly hasn’t taken anything away. I think the better maps and browser came with 2018.12.

I am still on 2018.10.4 for a while. I am in MD Rockville area. No idea why it’s taking so long to get the update.

Found that car wasn’t staying connected to WiFi at home, I switched to isolated guest WiFi and it’s staying connected now, still after a week, no update.

Looking at network traffic, this is what I see, not much activity.

Attachments

• 5BF769DA-0F9C-49C3-9CBB-BF300BF4CB75.jpeg
    5BF769DA-0F9C-49C3-9CBB-BF300BF4CB75.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 102
with all the bug issues kind of happy still being on 2018.10.4
I am still on 2018.10.4 for a while. I am in MD Rockville area. No idea why it’s taking so long to get the update.

Found that car wasn’t staying connected to WiFi at home, I switched to isolated guest WiFi and it’s staying connected now, still after a week, no update.

Looking at network traffic, this is what I see, not much activity.

Same for me, colorado springs CO. This has been a longer stretch than normal for me without getting an update.

with all the bug issues kind of happy still being on 2018.10.4

Same for me, colorado springs CO. This has been a longer stretch than normal for me without getting an update.

I just updated from 10.4 to 16 on Tuesday in Denver. My car sits on Wifi during work about 5 days a week. I did call the SC and ask why I hadn't received any updates for a couple months on Monday. It's probably just a coincidence that I got the update the next day.

Found that car wasn’t staying connected to WiFi at home, I switched to isolated guest WiFi and it’s staying connected now

My garage is being worked on so the last few months my WiFi signal connects but only 1 bar at best in the place where I have to park now. In that time I had not received an ota update. One night I turned on my phone's hotspot, connected the car to it, and left it in the car charging overnight. I had the latest update pushed that night. No maps though.

FWIW - maybe coincidence.

This morning I went from 18.10.4 to 18.16 and am wondering if I will get the maps update (18.12) even though my car skipped 18.12?

It won't affect your chances. Many people skipped to .14.2 or .16 and still got the maps update. It may come a day or a week (or longer) later. Getting one of these newer updates opens up your chances to get a map update, but doesn't guarantee it, just like any usual rollout.

Reactions: croman
As @chillaban says, it appears all you need is 2018.12. Once you have that, you get the maps and nav (whatever we're calling the new maps and routing) eventually. Having something higher doesn't do anything, but you need to be on wifi to get the maps package.

And, let's not be calling Tesla to 'help get an update' unless you really haven't gotten anything since Santa or something....

I've not had anything since 12 (over a month ago), and I 'just' got the new maps and nav earlier this week.