Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.18.2 301aeee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for that. Can I "hope" for the ability to request the download when available (per Elon) :)
You may hope. :D

Seriously, I've always wondered if some intern was charged with keeping a spreadsheet of his tweets and the status of the contents.

But, yeah, 2018.20 was some pipe dream from a Service Center. I don't believe much they say, unfortunately.

But, yeah, 2018.20 was some pipe dream from a Service Center. I don't believe much they say, unfortunately.

With the excellent track record they've displayed about their knowledge of Tesla, particularly future looking statements, its no wonder their reputation is sterling.

Kidding aside, it is a further sad state of affairs that instead of opining about features or substantive improvement in AP/our cars, everyone just wishes for a new firmware to fix the cumulative messes created in recent firmware releases...

Oh, Elon tweeted again about games for our cars. Awesome. Something else I can do while parked is somehow taking priority (at least for Elon's tweeting) over everything else more important. Instead of telling us more about his 3 months maybe, 6 months definitely FSD tweet from 12 months ago, we're being regaled with stories of Model 3 brake fixing and Snake for Tesla.

Reactions: conman
With the excellent track record they've displayed about their knowledge of Tesla, particularly future looking statements, its no wonder their reputation is sterling.

Kidding aside, it is a further sad state of affairs that instead of opining about features or substantive improvement in AP/our cars, everyone just wishes for a new firmware to fix the cumulative messes created in recent firmware releases...

Oh, Elon tweeted again about games for our cars. Awesome. Something else I can do while parked is somehow taking priority (at least for Elon's tweeting) over everything else more important. Instead of telling us more about his 3 months maybe, 6 months definitely FSD tweet from 12 months ago, we're being regaled with stories of Model 3 brake fixing and Snake for Tesla.
Indeed pretty much no one out of the company knows anything at all, and if they do, they're not telling anyone.

But I can feel it... there's a big update coming, maybe even a new version at last!? 8.2?? 9.0??? BUT I don't believe we're getting ANY FSD features still.

Indeed pretty much no one out of the company knows anything at all, and if they do, they're not telling anyone.

But I can feel it... there's a big update coming, maybe even a new version at last!? 8.2?? 9.0??? BUT I don't believe we're getting ANY FSD features still.
I'm guessing we'll get an Elon teaser tweet at some point about a month before anything gets into the hands of customers. And it seems like there's at least a small number of TeslaFi users that have EAP odd-number builds, so it shouldn't be a surprise to us.

I called SC and explained that I was about 7 updates behind and asked if they would check the logs to see what the problem was. It took them a day to respond back and they told me they could see that my car wasn't accepting the updates. They said that they would, just this once, push the update out to me. They told me to shut off the wifi in the car and let the LTE handle the download. After I did, I got it within a half an hour and it took about 1 hr to install it. All is right with the world.

Reactions: Joe F
Software version 2018.20 ad59ff9 was just detected on a Tesla Model X 75D with Autopilot 2 hardware in Columbia Station Ohio United States. The highest previous version was 2018.18.2 301aeee.
Yes, we know. There are two threads already. :D The number wasn't the 'pipe dream', the 'fix everything' was, if that wasn't clear.

Reactions: spentan
I called SC and explained that I was about 7 updates behind and asked if they would check the logs to see what the problem was. It took them a day to respond back and they told me they could see that my car wasn't accepting the updates. They said that they would, just this once, push the update out to me. They told me to shut off the wifi in the car and let the LTE handle the download. After I did, I got it within a half an hour and it took about 1 hr to install it. All is right with the world.
I really hate this attitude. We paid a lot of money for these cars and they simply have software problems that can easily cause accidents if you are not really paying attention. The software updates are extremely important to help avoid this and for a car to be 7 updates behind with a known problem on the car they should be really happy to fix this issue. They really need to allow for customers to request updates (via the car or app) when they are available and stop the BS Attitude.

I really hate this attitude. We paid a lot of money for these cars and they simply have software problems that can easily cause accidents if you are not really paying attention. The software updates are extremely important to help avoid this and for a car to be 7 updates behind with a known problem on the car they should be really happy to fix this issue. They really need to allow for customers to request updates (via the car or app) when they are available and stop the BS Attitude.

Mike, airline pilots are flying 30+ million dollar airplanes that have autopilots that will land airplanes in zero visibility conditions, follow the centerline of the runway and stop the airplane when the pilots can barely see the centerline of the runway (if the aircraft and airport are certified for Zero/Zero landings). The captain of the airplane is called the Pilot In Command (PIC). If the autopilot causes the plane to crash or be damaged, the PIC is 100% responsible for the accident not the autopilot or aircraft maunfacturer.

Tesla's have an autopilot that is in Beta. All drivers see a message telling them to keep their hands on the steering wheel and maintain control of the car. If some of these drivers are on autopilot and have their heads up their butts, not watching traffic, they are 100% responsible for all accidents. We need to come up with a similar acronym for them, I recommend that they be called Drivers in Command or DICs. The DIC is always responsible if a Tesla on autopilot crashes not Tesla.

I agree with you that Tesla should allow us to requests updates, especially if we are 4 to 5 updates behind. Tesla has promised a lot of features that are still not available on AP2 cars and I am not happy with the delays. Our Tesla's will eventually get FSD but even then, I will continue to make sure that the autopilot does not do something stupid and cause a crash.

Mike, airline pilots are flying 30+ million dollar airplanes that have autopilots that will land airplanes in zero visibility conditions, follow the centerline of the runway and stop the airplane when the pilots can barely see the centerline of the runway (if the aircraft and airport are certified for Zero/Zero landings). The captain of the airplane is called the Pilot In Command (PIC). If the autopilot causes the plane to crash or be damaged, the PIC is 100% responsible for the accident not the autopilot or aircraft maunfacturer.

Tesla's have an autopilot that is in Beta. All drivers see a message telling them to keep their hands on the steering wheel and maintain control of the car. If some of these drivers are on autopilot and have their heads up their butts, not watching traffic, they are 100% responsible for all accidents. We need to come up with a similar acronym for them, I recommend that they be called Drivers in Command or DICs. The DIC is always responsible if a Tesla on autopilot crashes not Tesla.

I agree with you that Tesla should allow us to requests updates, especially if we are 4 to 5 updates behind. Tesla has promised a lot of features that are still not available on AP2 cars and I am not happy with the delays. Our Tesla's will eventually get FSD but even then, I will continue to make sure that the autopilot does not do something stupid and cause a crash.
I really wasn't coming from the point of responsibility in a crash. I agree 100% it is the drivers fault.
My point was the guy was 7 versions back and SC seemed reluctant to give him the update. They said they would update him this time but it would be the last time. Hopefully they meant until he is 7 updates behind again?

But regarding updates in general. The guy in the X who lost his life because the X ran head first in to the concrete divider. I think we all agree it was the drivers fault. He should have been able to easily take over if not distracted. But lets say he was 1 or more updates behind a major improvement with AP that would have stopped the car and he would still be alive. Accidents happen all the time and people die all the time due to driver error. To me I would like to believe the AP might just save me from making that mistake where I got into a very serious accident due to a mistake on my part. So, being on the latest firmware version just might be the one that did that. As most of us know 2018.10.4 was a HUGH improvement on detecting stopped cars and coming to a safe stop if driving < 50mph. Again, these updates "can" be pretty important so why not allow us to be on the current version.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones