Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.18.2 301aeee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Melbourne Australia and I just caught it in the act; pretty sure it's currently downloading this version :)
Dj9fK9i.png

Reactions: Shock-On-T
Hey just a question, when the update is starting, does one have to be present and make sure the car is "on" while the update is being applied? This is the second time I'm receiving an update on my new Tesla Model S, and both times it fails after 15 min.

I plugged the charger, started the update and locked the car. Took the dog for a walk, and after 15 min, "Update failed".

So, I drove 300Km today, after yesterday's update.
I can not see much difference while driving, just the autolane change feeling smooters and more responsive than before.
I still have not received the maps update.
Also, I have the impression that the autowiper is more clever now, cleaning the window exactely when I would have triggered it; it's like mind-reading!
I also checked the internet browser and it is definetively more responsive than it was before the update.

Hey just a question, when the update is starting, does one have to be present and make sure the car is "on" while the update is being applied? This is the second time I'm receiving an update on my new Tesla Model S, and both times it fails after 15 min.

I plugged the charger, started the update and locked the car. Took the dog for a walk, and after 15 min, "Update failed".
No, on does not need to be present when an update is applied. I normally schedule my updates for 2:00 AM.

Reactions: Maniac

Is your wifi strong?
I do exactly what you did minus the walk and the dog. Never failed so far.

• Funny
Reactions: Maniac
Just kicked my install off, not sure if it will succeed due to someone hitting the car on Friday and driving off, thankfully all caught on my cameras but not sure if it will have affected the parking sensor or anything else. Going into the body shop tomorrow to have it checked out and quoted. Currently nothing but black screens but guess that's normal during update as have never watched it before