Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.18.2 301aeee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody else noticed yet that +12 to -12 settings in equalizer made a comeback?

Happy about this as my aftermarket setup has too much bass at the moment, as it has not yet been tuned at the DSP.

Based on a very brief listening, there is a minor change to soundstage. I hope the settings become stabile now so I can finally take it to the shop for pro tuning!

Edit: LOL sorry about the blurry useless photo.

Attachments

• 20180513_210214.jpg
    20180513_210214.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: P100DHG. and Hbrink
Hello all

Dec 2017 Model S 75 AP 2.5, MCU1 ... france. Was on 2018.14

Just got the update version tonight , quick install for me

If i read the messages correctly, this version brings bug fix for : the sound including EQ 12/-12, heated Steering Wheel back, better browser for oldies + impact on autolane change + prep for NAV maps update ...

If I see sth else, will say tomorrow night
Cheers,

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
  • Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I am interested on how you did it : Unifi is PoE powered and Orbit Sat does not have PoE connector, how did you connect your Unifi to Orbi Sat and how did you power your Unifi ?

Thanks in advance :)

I currently have RBR50 router & 3 RBS50 sats, and the tesla has difficulties to see the OrbiSat hotspot.

We use the Unifi together with the Orbi. The Orbi is the wifi router which connects to the cable modem. The Unifi is an additional wireless access point that creates a separate wireless network just for the cars in the garage.

As others have already pointed out, yes that is Ubiquiti/Unifi.

And there’s a separate thread for discussing WiFi equipment...Wifi Router Chatter in Off-Topic (on my phone or I’d give a link). Let’s keep the discussion in this thread on this interesting software rollout. :)

Thanks,

Bruce.

Furballs.

No appreciable difference in loading complex sites via the browser. That's over LTE. Haven't tried with wifi but rarely would use the browser if connected to wifi.

Phantom braking is back with a vengeance. Same streets as ever, but lots of red hands of death alerts. Not fun.

Intersections still hit and miss - car will head for the center median sometimes but not all the time. Same as it ever was.

Other than now having to be extra-vigilant so as to not get rear-ended due to the phantom braking BUG, the major improvement, coming from *.12, is that finally podcasts now work first time every time for the first time in several months.

So one regressive bug fixed, one major step back since the phantom braking had improved with *.12 and is now worse, and I'm not seeing the MCU improvements other than the aforementioned bug fix.

Maybe there's something to the rumors promulgated at various SvCs that *.20.x is going to be a nice helpful bug-fixing release. How nice that would be before moving on to, dare I say it... v8.5 or whatever the vaunted BIG RELEASE referenced by JonMc last Fall during his Netherlands presentation is supposed to be.

Not seeing the "light years ahead" qualities of the new maps. Gone is the Navigon indicator that one is in a tunnel, for example. Now, in fairness, Elon did make the effort to say that there would be a beta stage first and then we'd see more - so whatever got him excited may simply just not yet be ready for prime time.

.18 it’s better with AP but I just got the mcu replaced and it is having some difficulty with bugs.... music is way better. I didn’t realize how much the premium sound was struggling under previous firmware

Was that a like for like MCU1 swap or did you pony up the $3K (what I was quoted yesterday at the SvC as a guesstimate for retrofitting an MCU2 to an MCU1 car) and take one for the team as one of the first to experience this new retrofit that Elon promised?