Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.18.2 301aeee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boaterva

Supporting Member
Looks like this one is rolling out big, TeslaFi and ev-fw have it on many cars quickly, release notes reported to have nothing changed since 2018.18 (which is to say, nothing new).

upload_2018-5-12_8-35-14.png

upload_2018-5-12_8-35-3.png

upload_2018-5-12_8-35-51.png

I won’t say 11 cars is rolling out big... and is unlikely that we will see a big roll out starting Saturday. I suspect is a bug fix release on top of the 14-16-18 series. The last release that went wide seems to be the 10-12 AP neuronet update.

Perhaps we will know Monday if this one can go wide.

I won’t say 11 cars is rolling out big... and is unlikely that we will see a big roll out starting Saturday. I suspect is a bug fix release on top of the 14-16-18 series. The last release that went wide seems to be the 10-12 AP neuronet update.

Perhaps we will know Monday if this one can go wide.
My comparison was to 18.1 which was doing a couple of cars a day. :D For a new release to do that in a few hours is still ‘big’, I think. We will need a few days to really tell. And I think 10.4 with the major AP update started similarly late in the week. Who knows how these things get scheduled!

I did have one episode of the EQ settings not holding on 18.1

So far so good on 18.2. Otherwise no significant changes noticed yet.

No real change on notes either.

Attachments

• 744C2453-8BD9-409C-9A8D-15A2A3C90FF6.jpeg
    744C2453-8BD9-409C-9A8D-15A2A3C90FF6.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 246
Some now in the USA... wonder if they started distribution to Europe and later Noram, as it is weird no one here got it overnight, early this AM. I see one in Connecticut to 18.2 from 10.4.... and of course our Wisconsin friend above. :D

With up now to 18 on ev-fw.com and 32 on TeslaFi, that’s more than 2018.18 got on some full days. I wonder if they trickle it out, see what weirdness happens on some cars, bake that in, and then re-roll. Doesn’t explain 18.1 being on all cars, etc. I think we should just give up trying to decipher this and wait for the ‘gimme’ button we’ve been promised. :confused:

Finally current after languishing with *.12 and broken podcasts and the not-fast MCU1 for far too long.

This didn't come OTA - was at the SvC getting a brake fluid flush and some other things attended to, so asked for the latest firmware to be staged. Curiously, this time at the SvC, unlike all the other visits during which firmware was staged, I had left the SvC and a few minutes later realized there was no yellow alarm clock in the MCU. So I headed back to the SvC. A few minutes before arriving, the yellow clock showed up. Unexpected and time-wasting, but it did show up.

On a related note, be sure to check that the SvC doesn't forget to re-enable mobile access before heading to the next SC if you want the usual updates. Just a tip.

So long story short, too late I know, add 1 car with *.18.2 triple e in the Los Angeles area, which is to say that the SvCs are evidently staging this version already.

Reactions: conman
Finally current after languishing with *.12 and broken podcasts and the not-fast MCU1 for far too long.

This didn't come OTA - was at the SvC getting a brake fluid flush and some other things attended to, so asked for the latest firmware to be staged. Curiously, this time at the SvC, unlike all the other visits during which firmware was staged, I had left the SvC and a few minutes later realized there was no yellow alarm clock in the MCU. So I headed back to the SvC. A few minutes before arriving, the yellow clock showed up. Unexpected and time-wasting, but it did show up.

On a related note, be sure to check that the SvC doesn't forget to re-enable mobile access before heading to the next SC if you want the usual updates. Just a tip.

So long story short, too late I know, add 1 car with *.18.2 triple e in the Los Angeles area, which is to say that the SvCs are evidently staging this version already.
Why wouldn’t they? Have they ever loaded a version that wasn’t the current/latest version? I’m not sure there is a way for them to do so. And sometimes they even just reload the current one if you ask for ‘the current formware’ They don’t even check.

Why wouldn’t they? Have they ever loaded a version that wasn’t the current/latest version? I’m not sure there is a way for them to do so. And sometimes they even just reload the current one if you ask for ‘the current formware’ They don’t even check.

There have been multiple occasions in the past when an SvC won't get the most recent version for a few days or more.

One of the improvements for which we've hoped is that all the SvCs get the latest version at the same time. Such has always not been the case.

By coincidence, my appointment was for today, and this version appeared at least according to this thread less than 24 hours ago.

Happens occasionally. I had 6 "Update available" notifications while my car was in Holiday parking for 6 weeks, when I arrived back there was no yellow clock.
Service said it might have been because I had power saving on, always connected off. Sure enough the update became available the next morning. Was 2018.6 IIRC.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones