Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty certain the CID map was very different on 14 than on 18 - I tested it quite a bit. On 14, rotating map caused street labels to rotate with the map and only after new tiles downloaded - they re-aligned and resized. Close zoom also caused labels on 14 to become big and fuzzy. This is all different on 18 - street labels stay always properly aligned while rotating maps; close zoom resizes the labels so they are appropriately sized and sharp.

Can you do a video? Are you in MCU1 or MCU2? What you are describing is how it behaves on MCU2, which uses the vector tiles. I hope it is finally working on MCU1 as well.

Went out and bought a wireless repeater - connected my MS to it and literally in less than an hour the app notified me of an update. Currently in progress.

Attachments

• 612980F8-956E-4EAF-A2A6-680A41E38A2F.jpeg
    612980F8-956E-4EAF-A2A6-680A41E38A2F.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 109
I was referring to the reduced equializer bands. @Daniellane reported volume issues with iPhone but that might just be a need to turn up volume on phone if not it’s another example of my frustration.
First thing I checked. Volume was at 100% on iPhone X.
I recall setting volume on calls on my Model S to 6 in the past. Now it needs to be at least 9

• Helpful
Reactions: P100DHG.
I received 2018.18.4c72e69 last night, and had a chance to drive with it today. 2017 S90D MCU1 AP2

Steering wheel heater is working again.

Stereo seems to have improved a little at first, and then regressed when I started the vehicle later in the day. Still not as good as it originally was (volume levels are lower, bass response is attenuated)

Substantial reduction in the Auto Pilot ping-ponging when driving at very low speeds. Overall AP@ seems to be back to 2018.12, which was it's pinnacle so far for me. Still stays too far left when using the HOV lanes, bringing the vehicle dangerously close to the cement median wall. I'm still not sure why they aren't integrating the ultrasonic sensor data to help temper" the vehicle's lane position - absolute center isn't always best, and doesn't usually happen in the HOV lane - always tries to hug the wall...

No reboots yet, but it's only been a day, with 2 40 mile drives overall....

I received 2018.18.4c72e69 last night, and had a chance to drive with it today. 2017 S90D MCU1 AP2

Stereo seems to have improved a little at first, and then regressed when I started the vehicle later in the day. Still not as good as it originally was (volume levels are lower, bass response is attenuated)

Substantial reduction in the Auto Pilot ping-ponging when driving at very low speeds. Overall AP@ seems to be back to 2018.12, which was it's pinnacle so far for me. Still stays too far left when using the HOV lanes, bringing the vehicle dangerously close to the cement median wall. I'm still not sure why they aren't integrating the ultrasonic sensor data to help temper" the vehicle's lane position - absolute center isn't always best, and doesn't usually happen in the HOV lane - always tries to hug the wall...

Amen to the HOV lane issue. SO many of us in CA bought Teslas so we can utilize AutoPilot in the HOV lane and essentially "fly" to our destination. With AP turned on, however, it's seriously dangerous to be in the HOV lane, negating both benefits. You can either be in HOV without AP, OR you can be in a slow lane with AP, but not both. Moreover, so many crazy motorcyclists split the lane between HOV and the fast lane that if AP does push you to the right edge of the lane, away from the center divider wall, you seriously risk hitting a motorcyclist. I had TWO side view mirrors taken off by speeding motorcycles who just kept driving along! (now I have front and rear dash cams in both Teslas!). I hope they can allow these cars to off-center themselves in HOV lanes while also utilizing the rear- and side-facing cameras to shift to the left when confronted by a speeding motorcycle!

Reactions: cruiserlarry

FYI
This Version is
2018.18 4c72e69
not 2018.18.4c72e69.
There isn't a period between the
18 and the 4c72e69

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D and MP3Mike
On MCU1 Feb 2018 build. I came from .12, haven’t had a chance to try AP yet.

Overall MCU is faster, browser is usable as others have said.

Heated steering didn’t work initially or even after MCU reboot. Took full shutdown with me sitting in the car for 5 min with a full power cycle to get heated steering to work.

Didn’t notice if music changing was faster, will also check on that later today.