Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those release notes Beardo posted for 2018.18
are exactly the same as my car's release notes for 2018.16 (New MCU X-100D)

I have not noticed any updates happening on my UMC Gen 1 or UMC Gen 2 ....
I have one of each... One for 40 A and the original for 32 A.

Shawn

Screenshot_20180507-004442_Tesla.jpg

Just updated API JULY 2016

Reactions: SeBsZ
Huh, ev-fw shows a German AP1 car on 2018.18.4 now, not on Teslafi yet. I wonder what that's about. Or it could just be a typo for 10.4?
I bet it’s a typo for 2018.18 4//c72e69

TesfaFi is more trustworthy because you can’t hand enter entries. We’ve seen this before where people mistake the first digit of the useless hash for the point point.

(Well, almost useless, lol, as we did have two of the same point point release separated only by hash code when that devel release came out!)

Edit: @HankLloydRight do you want to adjust those to 2018.18 or leave them for a while? We seem to have two of them now... Is there a way to verify these were manual entries? I can't see a field in the reports or CSV that tells us that, else we could be sure they were typos.

Current TeslaFi data:

upload_2018-5-7_15-10-14.png

Last edited:
Just got 2018.18 and HOLY COW. It feels like en entire new computer was put in the car. The webbrowser actually works and scrolls! Song switching is super fast. The map speed is incredible. Voice commands are faster than any voice service I've seen. Best of all I was pulling 15mb/Sec off the LTE.. I'm very happy. I was considering a new Tesla with the new MCU because its faster. Not anymore. (prob not what tesla wants to hear.)

Just got 2018.18 and HOLY COW. It feels like en entire new computer was put in the car. The webbrowser actually works and scrolls! Song switching is super fast. The map speed is incredible. Voice commands are faster than any voice service I've seen. Best of all I was pulling 15mb/Sec off the LTE.. I'm very happy. I was considering a new Tesla with the new MCU because its faster. Not anymore. (prob not what tesla wants to hear.)
What did you have before? Sounds like 2018.10.x or so since those changes have been out for a while.

• Informative
Reactions: Cripps
I just received 2018.18. Browser is much improved. Speedtest.net actually works. Results were disappointing though... 1.5Mbps down and lost connection on upload test. This is over a 1 Gb fiber Internet. Wireless AC would definitely help here. I am guessing Tesla is still on wireless N for their wifi radio.

Autopilot has improved grwatly over 2018.10.4 as far as handling less than optimum roads. My torture test consists of a two lane back road that although is well marked has 3 sharp turns and several hills. One of the turns is on a hill crest. There is also two areas that are neighborhood entrances where the right line goes way off toward the entrances. And finally there is a widening of the road that has a 'no go' zone that becomes a turning lane. 2018.18 handled the entire road without issue. 2018.10.4 failed on the sharp turns and had a tendancy to either jerk the car to the right where the turning lane started or it would just drive into the turning lane.

Sorry for the long post but this new is just so much improved over the last.

Yep, still on 2018.12 just like 1/3 of the AP2 population. Oh well, this build is working rather well for me, I've got the new maps, hard to complain. Definitely looking forward to faster MCU1 performance but I can wait until all of these wrinkles are worked out.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cooker

I got this 2018.18.4c72e69 release as of 4p-cst ('17 S100D). Can't drive it tonight but can run out and check anything non-driving related. Lame, yes, but I have little kids and I'm Mr. mom tonight. My regression testing (driving) starts in the a.m.

-Bass sounds deeper now which I thought sounded weaker after .16. Note: I do not have the premium upgrade package....perhaps my ears are playing tricks on me.

--Heated steering is fixed

Last edited: