Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.18

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Results were disappointing though... 1.5Mbps down and lost connection on upload test. This is over a 1 Gb fiber Internet. Wireless AC would definitely help here. I am guessing Tesla is still on wireless N for their wifi radio.

Not sure about MCU2 cars but the MCU1 wireless chipset is actually 802.11b/g... not even "N".

Not that AC would actually help you. If you're getting performance that poor from your car on wifi, it's almost certainly a function of being too far from the access point or other interference issues. 802.11ac operates only on the 5GHz band, which has some benefits, but range and wall penetration are definitely not among them... the 2.4GHz channel is far superior in that respect.

Got .18, and yes, the sound is MUCH better. Still not perfect on the rear speakers, they're 10 dB's lower than the front. I took my dB meter to the system and balanced it as perfectly as I could. Here are my settings for a true immersive/balanced sound field. The subwoofer is back, and honestly, that's what makes me happiest!

d_XO2-TCCHc4gLOQqzWqDs60voZrYKpx2ZQkKTmnYomeYQm6ikb54SkALu_ZXpeRwJ4GE3pwLF7apMFIhMsLF6USJe7Fk4f6-MWbvg-ojoQIGZK-XGHkjAZUN0UF0jg_JWFm5hWHnO87R76Yoi0jmD_0stLoa8Qd8Wfc1hsXZGrOKTpjE-k74zOQR6A_rwE1E86Dd6L4EfQ3drI8HVD0nLweH1aD2Kh2C3EPaoA9exZKnTHGqfN1jWjtKxRvJtXui31qozx8uaNEGAc8rnjmBxR-7a6vD-tkITKLrn2btV1wueOZPPoHOIXdA598xj5Iz62HCBWGby69HJsENtP29u7DKTZSHmaSPP8adY1prKmuveokOK3AkVxwmb_GV0eG0K-FA9uI9Z01-laTKYczsgXyUo-eMBR6ZcyMGEx5Ra_ZK2WQLd2SlVqr8gQdoQTTrZXGrWqiqnNd-8xfgYCzQncJrYMSAZttqASJZ0kkDNROGE2IPyFPsSK-uo9tPDVGa5QusvfHdD9jBfkSKgeiIlzBX7hbAkBFk5ZhnqYJIe73XY0-oepYwIqX9HcPkUyaJJaRFvHwKScIu3CZs6NJ40kStbG0ikJsuE7GhhS8=w1912-h1434-no

2018 MX 100D MCU2 2018.16 -> Just installed 2018.18

Couple observations right off the top.

Noticed Passenger airbag on/off notification (just under clock on NAV) popped up a few days before FW install. (Green Arrows below)

2018.16 Update shifted GPS location about 40ft away from my garage (pings at center of house). HomeLink set to 40ft range triggers immediately in front of door. Issue remains.

Previous issue with identifying MAC address. Issue resolved. (Red Arrows below)

Dash "Forward Looking" tracking noticeable enhanced. System now displaying multiple forward vehicles, and tracking (displaying) complex road turns more fluidly. (Seems like update has reduced processor overhead and improved performance of dash display. Will try to quantify effect to EAP over next few days.)

Resistance Steering still heavy on all settings (Sport).

Browser initally unresponsive. Soft reboot restored function. Browser response still wicked slow. (Speedtest.net clocked 30MB DOWN 4.5MB UP, so plenty of juice)
20180507_220700.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
2018.18 2017 Model S 90D 2.5
Just Updated and I’ve added the software notes below. Maps seems to offer different routes than the usual expected with traffic.

Attachments

• 3ABDED99-A2B7-4B8A-B29B-A48C8DCB0370.jpeg
    3ABDED99-A2B7-4B8A-B29B-A48C8DCB0370.jpeg
    586.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 8FADC447-C73B-49E5-B14D-60CDEF2A1705.jpeg
    8FADC447-C73B-49E5-B14D-60CDEF2A1705.jpeg
    576.6 KB · Views: 104
Anyone have an idea about what the "mobile connector" update is about? I have an original mobile connector and never thought it had firmware that could be updated.
The UMC has firmware and can be upgraded. I had to bring my car in for service once and the SeC called me the day before to make sure to bring the UMC because they also had an upgrade for it. That was sometime in early 2016 I think.
As there needs to be a data connection between the car and the UMC during charging anyway, it makes sense to be able to push updates through there as well. Also sensible to just display the upgrade message only while the update is being applied, so few people will ever see this unless they sit in the car through the cars update.

The UMC has firmware and can be upgraded. I had to bring my car in for service once and the SeC called me the day before to make sure to bring the UMC because they also had an upgrade for it. That was sometime in early 2016 I think.
As there needs to be a data connection between the car and the UMC during charging anyway, it makes sense to be able to push updates through there as well. Also sensible to just display the upgrade message only while the update is being applied, so few people will ever see this unless they sit in the car through the cars update.

Apart from testing it worked when I first got the car I’ve never used my UMC. I’m on 14.2 but when I get the update will it know whether my UMC needs updating (i.e. they are VIN specific) or do I need to use the UMC for a charge?

Updated last night on my X90D.

Although I haven't yet done extensive testing, I did notice that the falcon wing doors open faster than they used to. Autopilot is still no good at slowing the car down when coming up on a car stopped at a red light. I know that there's been extensive discussion on the forum regarding AP's inability to register a static object on the road, so I don't mean to open that can of worms here- just reporting my observation for anyone wondering.

Apart from testing it worked when I first got the car I’ve never used my UMC. I’m on 14.2 but when I get the update will it know whether my UMC needs updating (i.e. they are VIN specific) or do I need to use the UMC for a charge?
Same here. I wonder if the car knows what UMC you have from that use and could tell you to plug it in. That assumes it has a list and of course you could use many UMCs. How to handle the case of the UMC you never use except maybe on road trips? If they could say an update was out for Gen 2 UMCs we would know to plug it in!

Right now it doesn't update the CHAdeMO adapter. This has to be done at the SeC.
Yep, I know.... I was comparing it to the UMC new process, and saying perhaps it would be the same. I was wondering even if we did know about an update existing, would we have to go find a chademo charging station! For the UMC, we all have a place to use it. For a chademo, where would we plug it in, if it has to be ‘in use’ to have it ‘update’ (if this ever actually became the process). The only ones I have nearby are Nissan dealers, many of whom don’t take kindly to Teslas.

This may be one reason why it’s updated by the SC. Just speculating here....

Reactions: MorrisonHiker