Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.20 ad59ff9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 5.24.49 AM.png
Its here!

Reactions: ishareit
I just received a phone call from my SC saying that the existing open issue I have with my screen resetting while I"m driving is fixed in 2018.20, and to "download it and install it as soon as you can" (as if its me that's the delay in getting the updates).

Looking forward to this update because I'm about to leave on a 300mile trip through the Pocono Mountains - will need route planning to not run out of juice on those steep climbs

Has anyone noticed tangible differences on newer versions beyond 2018.12 + the new maps?
After couple weeks of getting 2018.12, one day it suddenly pop out a "Introducing new Navigation (Beta)" dialog. I believe it took time to download map in the background. After that, cluster screen's mini map become high resolution, very very happy about it! :)

navigation beta.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: UkrHog and MXWing
After couple weeks of getting 2018.12, one day it suddenly pop out a Map Updated dialog. I believe it took time to download map in the background. After that, cluster screen's mini map become high resolution, very very happy about it! :)

I'm happy with 2018.12 + the new maps - trying to figure out who got what going to 2018.14, 2018.16, 2018.18 and 2018.20. :)

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Technically, 1.5 months would still be months :D
Linguistically it is also 0.5 months, so you could say months after just 15 days without an update. Isn't English wonderful?

Technically I still mean that the least timespan before you can say months is 58 days if it's around February and not leap year ;).

(waiting for Bruce to move posts into a thread named "How many days without update before you can say months without an update?")

• Funny
Reactions: Graffi and MP3Mike
Just called service centre, they will push 2018.20 remotely, even sent an invoice just for this because I was reporting "touch screen rebooting intermittently issue..." @@

That's interesting. My WAG is that the willingness to do this would be highly dependent on the service center, as so many things tend to be.

Bruce.
(Still on 2018.16 for some number of weeks and occasionally having random touchscreen reboots.)