Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.21.9 75bdbc11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8AE7B12E-794B-4165-A61A-27F3EE6314B1.jpeg
The slowing down in exits seems like an incremental step towards implementing the on-off ramp feature of EAP.
This was supposed to be in the infamous 8.1 update for ap1 and 2 last year. I hope they don’t make it an ap2 “EAP” only feature. So many ap1 promises haven’t happened yet.

I just got 2018.21.9 as well. I have a HW 2.5 Model X 100D W/ the new Intel MCU. This is the first time I have ever gotten an odd numbered release. Autopilot appears to nag me more frequently to hold the steering wheel, but I could just be imaging it. I was able to try the offramp deceleration. It took me from 65 mph down to about 25 mph in 5 mph increments. It was very smooth. I did not have an opportunity to try a freeway interchange though.

Here is a freeway interchange on 2018.21.9 75bdbc11 on a Model X 100D W/ Autopilot 2.5. Autopilot lowered the speed limit automatically, but freaked out halfway through the turn. To be fair, this was a difficult turn. I will have to try another interchange when I have time.

Here is an offramp. Notice the speed limit on autopilot slows down automatically. Previously when I had autopilot on when I was using this offramp it would just drop from whatever speed I was going to 45MPH very abruptly and that was it. Now it is very gradual. I tried another time with a longer ramp and it slowed down more gradually and got down to around 25MPH.