Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.21.9 75bdbc11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never listen to just radio stations...but last week I started too. And I have no metadata for any of the radio stations! Why is that? Streaming in fine, and on my other cars, all the metadata is there...but I just have a blank for the radio stations! I'm on the lastest software, Model S here. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else had a similar issue
Same here for me in Switzerland. I've had the car (Model X) for one year and I have never had any metadata for radio stations. Not even for DAB+ radio, which is the digital radio taking over Europe (Switzerland is getting rid of FM starting next year).

The only way I can see station logo and song/author information is streaming.

Same here for me in Switzerland. I've had the car (Model X) for one year and I have never had any metadata for radio stations. Not even for DAB+ radio, which is the digital radio taking over Europe (Switzerland is getting rid of FM starting next year).

The only way I can see station logo and song/author information is streaming.

I believe either you have to turn on the HD Radio option or the station just does not broadcast in HD. You will not get the station logos anymore - that seemed to have go away with v9.

I believe either you have to turn on the HD Radio option or the station just does not broadcast in HD. You will not get the station logos anymore - that seemed to have go away with v9.
I believe HD radio is a US-only thing (I suppose Canada also...). It is not compatible with European broadcast. All our radios do broadcast meta information. They have done it for ages and I cas actually see it in any other car or home receiver.

The equivalent of HD radio in Europe is the DAB+ standard that I mentioned in my previous post. But it doesn't matter if I use regular FM (which also broadcasts metadata) or DAB+, the Tesla does not pick it up.

• Informative
Reactions: ahkahn
I never listen to just radio stations...but last week I started too. And I have no metadata for any of the radio stations! Why is that? Streaming in fine, and on my other cars, all the metadata is there...but I just have a blank for the radio stations! I'm on the lastest software, Model S here. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else had a similar issue

This thread is for a very old version of firmware, but Tesla seems to have disabled the station logos a while back. I don't remember when, but it was about a year or more ago. When they showed the station logos, they usually got them wrong. I'd be listening to a Portland, OR station and a logo would pop up for a station in Chicago or something. Not even the same frequency either.

As an expedient, they just disabled it and never got around to fixing it.

There are quite a few owners out there with the right skills to fix this. They should open source the audio entertainment system to a team of owners willing to fix it. It's too low a priority for their in house programming team and this part languishes. The core hardware is there to have the best infotainment system in the car industry, but the really fall down in this area.

Yeah Tesla has made a ton of music/radio improvements in the past year!

(Haha sorry couldn’t resist.... happy Sunday everyone!)
Lol, point taken, but was still scratching my head on why it was resurrected. I was even checking TeslaFi on where was this firmware 21. :D

Maybe we need an HD radio thread but it does seem to be a dead topic along with other media updates, unfortunately.