Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updates always remind me I can never get too comfortable with AP. Had been really smooth on my daily commute last few releases but with this release the car likes to randomly go toward the right when in heavy traffic like it wants to hit the car next to me. That's one way to make sure I keep my hand on the wheel.

Updates always remind me I can never get too comfortable with AP. Had been really smooth on my daily commute last few releases but with this release the car likes to randomly go toward the right when in heavy traffic like it wants to hit the car next to me. That's one way to make sure I keep my hand on the wheel.

Take a video, send it to Tesla

There were some lovely urban roads here that autopilot used to do a superb job, with slow winding curves, multiple turn-off lanes, and very neat lane markings which autopilot loved a lot. With this (and the previous release) it's now Nervous Nellie :( It brakes multiple times when there's nothing there. It still keeps the lanes like it used to, but now abruptly tries to turn off with every side road for a second before changing its mind immediately after.

Sigh. Here's hoping for a new NN with version 9.

My SvC has told me that depending on the repair, sometimes they recommend re-uploading the firmware even if it is the same version. I know not to believe everything they say, but if the firmware does perform hardware checks, it might make sense such that it doesn't give false warnings/errors for new detected hardware.

2018.24.1 12dd09 seems to have affected my EAP. I’ve not had ‘navigation needs service’ pop up again so figure the map data downloaded.

Called the assistance line yesterday. They saw nothing obviously wrong from the logs. Followed their instructions to power down. Restarted. No change. Expecting a call from service centre/support today.

Pesky. Having to drive with reduced driver assistance feels odd.

Well, perhaps gotten to the bottom of this.

Seems that the radar may need reconfiguration/recalibration or replacement.

The front fender, radar bracket, and a couple of other bits were replaced after someone else bumped a wall with my car. Autopilot worked fine when I got it back. But it sounds like 2018.24.1 didn’t like the radar picture it saw. Given EAP worked on return, and I get great representation of vehicles in front/nearby I’m anticipating recalibration/realignment. But we’ll see.

I’m scheduled for the service centre Friday 20 July. Based on mutual availability. They could have fitted me in sooner had I been nearby.

I have to say that the care and follow up from Scott at Tesla executive care has been excellent. I feel well supported.

What’s the maximum number of vehicles on the display anyone’s seen?

Stuck in motorway traffic on Thursday night, I counted 6 vehicles on the display at one point. And a little uncertainty on whether to show a seventh when a motorcycle came up between the stationary lines of traffic. It flickered in and out but ended up replacing the image for another vehicle behind it.

What’s the maximum number of vehicles on the display anyone’s seen?

Stuck in motorway traffic on Thursday night, I counted 6 vehicles on the display at one point. And a little uncertainty on whether to show a seventh when a motorcycle came up between the stationary lines of traffic. It flickered in and out but ended up replacing the image for another vehicle behind it.

I count 8 Vehicles at most in a queue...
305EFD83-EAD7-429C-ACBC-7CBFE6AD97A6.jpeg

2016 MS75 AP1. Since this update, the energy usage is reported as >400 wH (in the past was 290-320) and phantom drain yesterday was 45 miles used with a 95 mile loss of range. Also, the Airconditioning is cooling very poorly. Range mode On has minimal impact on both problems. SC says battery ok(?) and need outside diverter valve replacement. With Lexus they overnight parts and install the next day. No 2 weeks delay and sweating every afternoon.