Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would 'assume' because of the new app features, this one ranks just below the 'we need new nags!' on the priority list. So, it's going out pretty quickly. :D

Edit: And I wasn't even thinking about the maps... I don't think that's why it's rolling so quickly. Perhaps the nag text is in the equation....

I would 'assume' because of the new app features, this one ranks just below the 'we need new nags!' on the priority list. So, it's going out pretty quickly. :D

Edit: And I wasn't even thinking about the maps... I don't think that's why it's rolling so quickly. Perhaps the nag text is in the equation....

Oh yeah I do need the ability to limit the speed I can drive my P100D so let me get right on it now, ROFLMAO.

Now when my Daughter gets her 3P, I will be using that though.

But, would my car be "selected" even if it is "out of reach"? Would I receive a notification on my phone about the update even when my car is in the underground parking completely offline?
You get the notification AFTER the download is complete and ready to install. So if not CELL or Wifi then no download. However, what others are saying it is the luck of the draw. I did just get this version last night which seems unusual for me. I am on strong Wifi most of the time since I work from home. Really looking forward to that day when we can request the download like Elon said would happen in a tweet.

Just out of curiosity what are you using the browser for anyway? It's slow, won't run all sites and if you need a browser most phones blow the Tesla browser away.

You must have an older processor/browser. The browser is great. It's 17" of instant response. I can get information on a destination or any other topic we might be discussing in the car, and the passengers can see everything. fiddling with a phone while driving? It's against the law in Washington state.

An undocumented fix in 2018.24.1 was the owners manual, browser fix, and a couple of other minor details.

I do have the advantage of a new Model S fresh out of the Betty Crocker Easy Bake oven.

You must have an older processor/browser. The browser is great. It's 17" of instant response. I can get information on a destination or any other topic we might be discussing in the car, and the passengers can see everything. fiddling with a phone while driving? It's against the law in Washington state.

An undocumented fix in 2018.24.1 was the owners manual, browser fix, and a couple of other minor details.

I do have the advantage of a new Model S fresh out of the Betty Crocker Easy Bake oven.
Then all your undocumented fixes are for MCU2 cars. That stuff never broke on the MCU1 cars. Just sayin' :D

• Informative
Reactions: croman and Beardco
Another week goes by, another release permeates, and yet more posts going on about the nags and the same number of people telling us how to drive our cars yet again.

Right (although I think it's been more than a week since we last started this dance). It'd be really good if we can avoid rehashing the nag discussions, particularly the aspects that aren't specific to 2018.24.1, which is the topic of this thread.

Thanks all,

Bruce.

Anyone else noticed stale traffic data (colored lines) in the new maps?
I was driving late at night on hwy 101 in the Bay Area and traffic was clear, but the maps showed lots of areas in red which was only true a lot earlier during day when I last drove.
When I changed the zoom level, the traffic refreshed and showed all green, but zooming back to the default highway level showed the many red spots again.
Weird!

• Informative
Reactions: pdxgibby and isjka
My water color is blue (Lake Michigan) -- everything still seems colorful. How do I tell if I have vector maps? I was assuming I'd get the grayscale blah version I saw earlier after I updated (2018.24.1).

Honestly the traffic lines seem to appear much faster and actually overlay at the same time as the map which I find way better than the painfully long wait before. I only like the nav map to see the Google traffic, otherwise unless I don't know where I'm going, I prefer only the IC map.

• Informative
Reactions: PrGrPa
While my car was having a new front fender fitted the app showed it had 2 failed updates. I've had it back just over a week. When I got back home and on my WiFi today it got the 2018.24.1 12dd099 update. I see the speed limit mode in the app. Neat! I can set it for myself to avoid the potential for inadvertent over-speed acceleration when joining a motorway

What would be super cool would be an option to tune the acceleration curve. ICE drivers seem to take a few goes to get the hang of 'whoosh!' in the Tesla. It'd be neat to be able to create a super-chill mode with a very laid-back curve.

Now, to check out what other features have appeared since I last got an update before April 20th.

Reactions: jgs
I see the speed limit mode in the app. Neat! I can set it for myself to avoid the potential for inadvertent over-speed acceleration when joining a motorway

What would be super cool would be an option to tune the acceleration curve. ICE drivers seem to take a few goes to get the hang of 'whoosh!' in the Tesla. It'd be neat to be able to create a super-chill mode with a very laid-back curve.

I think that when you set the speed limit it also enables the CHILL mode which tames the acceleration curve.