Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you mean some text, like place markers (and those that actually do have a 'marker')? I have those sticking horizontal, but other things like road names obviously stay 'on the map' alongside the road in question. Correct?
Correct. The street names follow the streets. But place names (cities, communities, places) all stay horizontal with the new map.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva and bmah
So I went out to wash the car and I used my iPhone as a WiFi hotspot and sure enough, after 5 minutes, the firmware update notification came up!

So it would seem like it is true that being on WiFi gives you priority to get the firmware.

I bought a OBDII port WiFi hotspot alongside a $10 unlimited WiFi data plan for vehicles from AT&T so I always have WiFi wherever I go, 24/7! Great for my condo garage where there’s no WiFi to be had!

Reactions: boaterva
If anyone needed more confirmation, I just checked that the speed limiter does indeed also enable Chill mode (and tells you about it on the Controls screen in the car). Some programmers did a fine job there. I wonder if we will see more refinement such as xMPH over the local limit, etc.

Reactions: PrGrPa
Details please??

ZTE Mobley -- not sure it's for sale anymore because Trump admin blocked sale of ZTE products in USA for national security reasons. They might be reversing that however. Check with AT&T and see if you can get it elsewhere - people on eBay and Amazon are selling them with grandfathered unlimited data plans.

ZTE Mobley - AT&T Premier Business Center

The $10 plan (1GB at LTE then unlimited at 2G or 3G speeds - sufficient even to download large 6GB maps updates that require WiFi) is ONLY available online and can be hard to find -- it's the vehicle plan. T Mobile has a similar device and sure others do as well - cheap because they presume you're not sitting in your car streaming data all the time. They didn't consider motor home users who use it as their hime internet device!

There's also this from T Mobile now: T-Mobile SyncUP Drive | T-Mobile
Don't want to drag this too far afield or Bruce will be all up in our grills (as it were), but I can't see where any of these show how much power they take. That's an issue when you are running perhaps a dashcam, a front camera, and one of these off the OBD. I think it has a 5 Amp fuse? Dang Tesla and their 'no service manual for you'.

Got this update last night but the release notes were blank (just an empty white window). Even when I hit the Tesla logo and bring up the release notes again, they're still blank. Has this happened to anyone else? The upgrade was successful because we have vector maps and the speed limiter.
Try rebooting? The notes are fetched remotely so that might reset something.

On the maps, are these USA only or does Canada get them too? I’ve not seen (or recall lol) who is getting these.

I had 2 incidents of hard braking in autopilot going under overpasses with 24.1, 21.9 did not have the issues in these locations but did trigger in another area but was otherwise fine for the most part. Has anyone else seen an increase in the incidents of hard braking in autopilot?

Got this update last night but the release notes were blank (just an empty white window). Even when I hit the Tesla logo and bring up the release notes again, they're still blank. Has this happened to anyone else? The upgrade was successful because we have vector maps and the speed limiter.

Mine were blank except for one line at the top for a bit then they loaded.

I had 2 incidents of hard braking in autopilot going under overpasses with 24.1, 21.9 did not have the issues in these locations but did trigger in another area but was otherwise fine for the most part. Has anyone else seen an increase in the incidents of hard braking in autopilot?

I have noticed shadows from overpasses and other shadows (from tall trees, for example) on the freeway cause a momentary breaking with both AP and CC. This is consistent and can be reproduced in the same location at the same time of day. Had the same behavior in 21.9 and 24.1.

ZTE Mobley -- not sure it's for sale anymore because Trump admin blocked sale of ZTE products in USA for national security reasons. They might be reversing that however. Check with AT&T and see if you can get it elsewhere - people on eBay and Amazon are selling them with grandfathered unlimited data plans.

ZTE Mobley - AT&T Premier Business Center

The $10 plan (1GB at LTE then unlimited at 2G or 3G speeds - sufficient even to download large 6GB maps updates that require WiFi) is ONLY available online and can be hard to find -- it's the vehicle plan. T Mobile has a similar device and sure others do as well - cheap because they presume you're not sitting in your car streaming data all the time. They didn't consider motor home users who use it as their hime internet device!

A $10 plan that just throttles and does not incur overage charges would be golden if it (still) exists.

If you happen to re-find the direct link to the vehicle plan and post it here, that would be greatly appreciated. I poked at the AT&T site (logged in as a customer) both with the link above and from scratch until I could poke no more and just ended up in one of their infamous endless loops after providing vehicle info. And customer service is as clueless as ever.

Will give T Mobile a (re-)try.

Shouldn't be this difficult to try to spend money.

• Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I have noticed shadows from overpasses and other shadows (from tall trees, for example) on the freeway cause a momentary breaking with both AP and CC. This is consistent and can be reproduced in the same location at the same time of day. Had the same behavior in 21.9 and 24.1.

Its not the shadows, its the objects. You probably have AP2.5. They are still creating a whitelist for the conti radar. It took a while for AP2 and it will continue to take time for AP2.5 radar. Overhead tree branches would fool my AP2 and so would bridges or signs that it had navigated just fine the days preceding a ghost braking event. Even when the braking isn't harsh, its still random and therefore dangerous. AP2 is much better such that I do not hover my foot over the accelerator and haven't been burned in months.

I get incidents of hard braking in 21.9 when roads have dark spots and shadows in overpass as well. Just got 24.1 so not sure about this yet.

But the thing I saw, and want to highlight, is a noticeable increase in low speed regen power. Big slowdown. Happened as I'd been in a traffic slowdown. Then went away in normal driving. Maybe I'm imagining. Just a fleeting anomaly....
Interesting. A number of us complained of loss of regen on the last release. I haven't driven enough on this one to know yet, but that would be most welcome.