Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After my install, I also noticed stale traffic data. I got in my car in the morning, and the freeways were bright red. Hmmmm, not at 6am. I tapped traffic button to disable, and then tapped it again and the freeways were green. Also noticed that navigation was routing using the stale data. This also happened in the afternoon yesterday. All freeways appeared green, but double tap on traffic forced a reload and they turned bright red.

I did a reboot as soon as I got home (forgot to do one after the install of 24.1) so I'm hoping this fixes it.

Noticed the same "stale traffic data" issue again. Had to force a refresh today by cycling the traffic display. Looks to be a bug with this firmware.

Installed this morning on AP1.

Noted the speed limitation setting (not too applicable for me, personally)
New maps - definitely more gray scale (blue water and green trees are now gone), without any noticeable improved rendering speed or detail
Nags slightly improved on straightaways (gone from 20 seconds to 30 seconds)
Noted new instructions on how to hold the steering wheel.

Overall, I think a thumbs down, with the deciding factor being loss of color on the maps without adding anything new.

• Informative
Reactions: jkennebeck
Overall, I think a thumbs down, with the deciding factor being loss of color on the maps without adding anything new.

Sorry, but I just can't get my head around how you can't love the new color scheme. I think it's a HUGE improvement. The old color scheme looks like a 10 year old design and the new greyscale is more contemporary. On top of this the new vectorized objects are more smooth when you rotate the image. The traffic overlay render MUCH faster than previous.
Overall I'm very happy with this update and have always thought the old map color scheme looked dated :)

Sorry, but I just can't get my head around how you can't love the new color scheme. I think it's a HUGE improvement. The old color scheme looks like a 10 year old design and the new greyscale is more contemporary. On top of this the new vectorized objects are more smooth when you rotate the image. The traffic overlay render MUCH faster than previous.
Overall I'm very happy with this update and have always thought the old map color scheme looked dated :)

Can't agree, but I'm glad it's working out for you!

Reactions: brkaus
Anyone else seeing the super wavy lines in the IC like very early versions of AP2 did? It's not as bad but it's not locked and loses confidence rapidly when lane marking quality drops. Very unfortunate because AP2 was better than this at staying in a lane without solid markings.
Drove from northern burbs to western burbs today. Had to turn AP off because it couldn't stay centered in a lane. Weaved nauseatingly. Everything about this update is garbage for me. I don't need the speed limiter or to be told that the nag detector is poor devised.

Not a big deal to me. But interesting that Google Maps-and Apple Maps still have the colors.

I guess it's a matter of opinion but I absolutely love it too. A lot more modern looking and it actually feels like a refreshed UI

Reactions: tljdesign
9.1GB download, maps changed to vector and loading slow, the arrow looks like it hopping, like others have mentioned not great, nothing worth mentioning on the AP front, no better but hopefully no worse but hey, it still nags me (sorry but I don’t drive like the car is demanding when AP is supposed to be auto not hold wheel In positions that you were demanded to do during a driving test :) )

P.s. I prefer the dash screen map layout

Did anyone else get a range bump after the update? I just did mine and got nearly 7mi. I'm sure I'll lose it tho as soon as I head out for a drive.

Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 2.09.47 PM.png

Really? I am new to the ownership game but I thought 4-10 weeks was fairly normal? I don't want to bug them if it's not an issue, but if it is, I'd like to get it resolved.

It depends a lot on the way stuff is rolled out. We just had a prior release (2018.21.9) that went to something like 90% of the cars on TeslaFi, so it'd be natural to assume that your car should have been eligible to get it. (Let's assume your can has been successfully been associated to a WiFi network for at least some of the time.) 2018.24.1 is still a little "young" but it looks like it's also going to a fairly large fraction of the fleet so far. Note that unlike an iPhone, the cars aren't all eligible for a software update at the same time, and there can be different notions of "current" for different cars.

I would recommend calling the national roadside assistance number and punch the number for tech support. If there's a problem preventing your car from downloading 2018.24.1 (or whatever version) they can do some amount of remote diagnostics and resolution. I did this earlier this year and it was determined that my car had a "stuck" download preventing further download attempts (that multiple reboots had not fixed). They did something remotely, with my car sitting in the garage, and about 30 minutes later, I had a notice of a software update available.

Good luck,

Bruce.

It depends a lot on the way stuff is rolled out. We just had a prior release (2018.21.9) that went to something like 90% of the cars on TeslaFi, so it'd be natural to assume that your car should have been eligible to get it. (Let's assume your can has been successfully been associated to a WiFi network for at least some of the time.) 2018.24.1 is still a little "young" but it looks like it's also going to a fairly large fraction of the fleet so far. Note that unlike an iPhone, the cars aren't all eligible for a software update at the same time, and there can be different notions of "current" for different cars.

I would recommend calling the national roadside assistance number and punch the number for tech support. If there's a problem preventing your car from downloading 2018.24.1 (or whatever version) they can do some amount of remote diagnostics and resolution. I did this earlier this year and it was determined that my car had a "stuck" download preventing further download attempts (that multiple reboots had not fixed). They did something remotely, with my car sitting in the garage, and about 30 minutes later, I had a notice of a software update available.

Good luck,

Bruce.

Wow, super helpful, thanks Bruce! I will wait a few days and see if it gets this update along with the other pre-AP cars, and if not then I'll call.
Thanks again! Part of why I love this community is that most people are super helpful.