Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.24.1 12dd099

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
installed 2018.24.1 12dd099 on Thursday, map is now vector, but rendering speed seem slower.

Also, MCU crashed once when entering the car, a warning message "Systems Are Powering Up. Press Brake When This Message Clears" show up on cluster screen, but this message never clear up. I need to reboot MCU to get it working again...

Agree that the map tiles are slower loading . Will be interesting to see if this gets better in future updates.

IMG_20180701_073827.jpg

Interesting if so. Be, um, weird to go full speed and hit the wall (as it were) at 50 or whatever! :D
I actually have wanted this umweird feature for some time now (Feature request: one-shot speed limiter). I was pleased to see it had finally arrived (sort of) but now disappointed to see Chill is automatically invoked as well, so doesn’t actually serve the purpose I wanted to abuse it for. The right hand giveth and the left hand taketh away.

I think the new maps color scheme is a mater of taste. I personally preferred the old ones but probably will eventually get used to the new style. In the early days of nav device and apps (like windows mobile/ce applications), some would let you choose the rendering style. This is likely not practical given the pre rendered mature.

I wonder how tesla created custom styles from google maps.

I don't get it - if your whole driving route is in grey, is there any way to tell the traffic conditions along your route? When I start getting into traffic I like to look down and see if the slowdown is short or if it's only the start of getting bad. From the screen shot above, you can't see that traffic data (or I'm just not looking at it right, which is entirely possible!).

I don't get it - if your whole driving route is in grey, is there any way to tell the traffic conditions along your route? When I start getting into traffic I like to look down and see if the slowdown is short or if it's only the start of getting bad. From the screen shot above, you can't see that traffic data (or I'm just not looking at it right, which is entirely possible!).

Road names and traffic are still colored. It looks much cleaner. If you want colors turn on satellite view

Satellite view is way busier than map view (seriously, does this even need to be said?). I kinda find the easy identification of blue bodies of water and green parks in map view handy, I guess I’ll see if I dislike the gray or not when I get it. Sounds bad, but a lot of things sound bad (oh nooooooooo nags!) but once I get them, meh.

CGA? Meh, EGA is where it is at!

Seiously through, what is the reason behind this change? What was wrong with color? The Google maps like color scheme was familiar to most, and adds context. The bluish night theme is soothing and looks “hi-tech”
This map color change is terrible - did you send your observations to [email protected]?
First thing my wife said MYGOD THE MAP LOOK LIKE A BLACK AND WHITE TV WITH A SPRINKE OF COLORED DOT FOR POINTS OF INTEREST, TURN IT OFF!!!!
So now I use the satellite view which I hate!!!

Reactions: Barry and kavyboy
Sorry, but I just can't get my head around how you can't love the new color scheme. I think it's a HUGE improvement. The old color scheme looks like a 10 year old design and the new greyscale is more contemporary. On top of this the new vectorized objects are more smooth when you rotate the image. The traffic overlay render MUCH faster than previous.
Overall I'm very happy with this update and have always thought the old map color scheme looked dated :)
First thing my wife said "God it is ugly, turn it off I don't want to look at it" Never heard that comment before! Mar2017 build 21.9 was lighting fast. I just drove 450 mile back from Los Angeles area and about 100 miles within the metro area never a complaint.

Ernie

Reactions: jgs and kavyboy